Mark Hamill Pre Print

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
sean507
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Mark Hamill Pre Print

Post by sean507 »

Sent: June 2016
Received: March 3, 2018

Address used: Mark Hamill Fan Club, Grand Blanc, MI (in database)

Sent a photo, LOR, SASE
Received a preprinted, non-authentic signature back

Link to picture: http://surfmypictures.com/image/a7cd533 ... tjdy4.html
Last edited by sean507 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Mark Hamill Success? - please comment on authenticity

Post by admin »

Hi sean507 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

Mark Hamill
P.O. Box 287
Grand Blanc, MI 48480
USA

{star} Mark Hamill on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)
mads75
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mads75 »

sean507 wrote:Sent: June 2016
Received: March 3, 2018

Address used: Mark Hamill Fan Club, Grand Blanc, MI (in database)

Sent a photo, LOR, SASE
Received this (pre-signed?) photo back with my photo unsigned.

The writing looks a little wobbly and it was signed with this pen of a strange color and thickness. I think it was definitely signed (as opposed to autopen), but is it his signature?

I love that he wrote, "Forcefully yours"

Thanks in advance for comments

Link to picture: http://surfmypictures.com/image/a7cd533 ... tjdy4.html
you can ask him on twitter if it is real.
looking for U2 autographs : PM me if you have one to sell.
ikungfuyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ikungfuyou »

I got the same one in the mail 2 days ago.
Sadly, if you look at it in the light you will see it's a print (photo) of an signed photo.
So, it's a nice pic, but not autographed by hand.

He must have to many requests and just hired someone to stuff that exact pic in everyones SESE.
Since 1994 (350 + autographs in collection):

Favorite Autographs: Tom Backer; Michael Jackson; Jermaine Jackson; Tito Jackson; Slash; President Donald Trump; David Cassidy; Jerry Lee Lewis; Fats Domino; Yoko Ono; Ringo Starr; Sir George Martin; Sir Elton John; Charlie Watts; President George Bush; President George W. Bush; President Jimmy Carter; President Gerald Ford; President Bill Clinton; 1st Lady Barbara Bush; Prime Minister Tony Blair; Michael Jordan; Lucy Liu; Jonny Lee Miller; John Inman; Mollie Sugden; Frank Thorton; Fred Rogers; John Schneider; Mel Tormé; Tony Bennett; Carrie Fisher; Dawn French; Jerry Lewis; Robin Williams; Tom Selleck; Bob Hope; Michelle Phillips; Steve Vai; Sammy Hagar; Cheap Trick (all 4); Monkees (all 4); Nirvana (Krist Novoselic) ; the Crickets (Jerry Allison & Joe B. Mauldin); Neil deGrasse Tyson; Michio Kaku; Ryne Sandberg; Pete Rose; Bob Uecker; Andre Dawson; Leonard Nimoy; Patrick Stewart; William Shatner, John Williams, James Gandolfini.
FCM
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FCM »

I got a different one a couple of days ago. There was a copyright mark on the photo, but it was a copyright just for the photo. The signature was done off of the photo. (Basically, it was on a long piece of photo paper with the photo taking up only part of the paper and signature under it.) The ink also bounces off the paper differently than the paper itself. It matches pictures of his autographs, but not too perfectly to mean it's an autopen.

So, that is super weird that I get an authentic (or very likely authentic) autograph and you get one that seems fake. That stinks! But, yes, for double measure, check with him on Twitter! I don't know if he tells if an autograph is authentic or not anymore, but, even if it's fake, it would be super cool to get a reply from him on Twitter!
I love hearing others' opinions! However, before you start commenting, please read this carefully: I welcome opinions but will not obey orders and suggestions. So, please don't say, "Toss that in the trash," or, "Frame the autograph right away," etc. I understand that you're sharing what you'd do, but you can't make me do what you order--what I received in the mail is mine, not yours.

mads75
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mads75 »

I got this one today.

I think it is a PP but not sure

looking for U2 autographs : PM me if you have one to sell.
LARams
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by LARams »

FCM wrote:I got a different one a couple of days ago. There was a copyright mark on the photo, but it was a copyright just for the photo. The signature was done off of the photo. (Basically, it was on a long piece of photo paper with the photo taking up only part of the paper and signature under it.) The ink also bounces off the paper differently than the paper itself. It matches pictures of his autographs, but not too perfectly to mean it's an autopen.

So, that is super weird that I get an authentic (or very likely authentic) autograph and you get one that seems fake. That stinks! But, yes, for double measure, check with him on Twitter! I don't know if he tells if an autograph is authentic or not anymore, but, even if it's fake, it would be super cool to get a reply from him on Twitter!
How is it authentic? Mark Hamill debunked that address as not being associated with him on twitter.
Favorite Autographs: Crew of the Enola Gay, Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Kirk Douglas, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods.

Check out my TTM blog with email successes! http://www.gridironshowcase.weebly.com

Let's cut the nonsense.
You don't want a blog where some guy is trying to sell you his book of TTM "secrets" or trying to beg for donations.
You don't want a blog that will give your computer cancer with ads.
Gridiron Showcase is an ad-free and non-profit blog that documents addresses that actually work.
SweetRiverBanes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SweetRiverBanes »

I also received the exact same "Forecfully Yours" picture. It's a PP.
sean507
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sean507 »

mads75 wrote:I got this one today.

I think it is a PP but not sure

The ones that the MHIFC send out are a bit random. This one, if it is real ink, could be authentic. The one I received is definitely not.
darklordsauron
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Mark Hamill Pre Print

Post by darklordsauron »

When I sent to Mark Hamill back in 2016, I sent to his home address in Los Angeles. About 3 months later, I got a pre-signed reply from the Mark Hamill Fan Club. It seems impossible to me that Mark and the fan club aren't linked in some form. (I have never sent anything to the fan club address)
TTM Successes: Ian Mckellen, James Earl Jones, Quentin Blake, Andrew Lincoln, Aaron Eckhart, Cate Blanchett, David Morrissey, Jeremy Bulloch, Richard Armitage, Nicholas Hoult, Mark Hamill, Craig McLachlan, Jason Alexander, Julian Glover, Jai Courtney, Anson Mount.
IP Successes: Aidan Turner, Alex Saviuk, Stan Lee, Manu Bennett, Olivia Olson, Robin Hobb, Tony Moore, Arthur Suydam, Robin Lord Taylor, Christopher Lloyd, Jessica Diccico, Nathan Fillion, John Dimaggio, Billy West, Graham Mctavish, Tom Taylor, Christopher Heyerdahl, Clive Standen, Geoffrey Rush, Travis Fimmel, Brianna Hildebrand, Stefan Kapicic, Troy Baker, Sean Astin, Benedict Samuel, Charles Martinet, Katee Sackhoff, Karl Urban, Ken Lashley.