Melanie Safka Singer Songwriter

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Melanie Safka Singer Songwriter

Post by caappy »

Melanie Anne Safka-Schekeryk (born February 3, 1947) is an American singer-songwriter. Known professionally as Melanie, she is best known for her hits "Brand New Key", "Ruby Tuesday", "What Have They Done to My Song Ma", and her song about performing at the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival, "Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)". She was one of only three solo women who performed at the Woodstock Festival in 1969. She had her biggest American hit the novelty-sounding 1972 number one "Brand New Key" (often referred to as "The Roller Skate Song"). "Brand New Key" sold over three million copies worldwide and was featured in the 1997 movie Boogie Nights.

When first released, "Brand New Key" was banned by some radio stations because some heard sexual innuendo in the lyrics. Melanie has acknowledged the possibility of reading an unintended sexual innuendo in the song, stating, "I wrote [Brand New Key] in about fifteen minutes one night. I thought it was cute; a kind of old thirties tune. I guess a key and a lock have always been Freudian symbols, and pretty obvious ones at that. There was no deep serious expression behind the song, but people read things into it. They made up incredible stories as to what the lyrics said and what the song meant. "

Sent her 3 photos on 13 Feb and got them back signed on 28 Feb. Signed them Melanie..

Ms Melanie Safka
2115 Lakeshore Dr.
Old Hickory, TN 37138
Last edited by caappy on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caappy.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Melanie Safka Singer Songwirter

Post by Caappy. »

Its all fake

Never recieved anything

Dont Believe this post 

Its all false 

Sorry guy
Caappy.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Melanie Safka Singer Songwirter

Post by Caappy. »

{up} {up} {up} {up} {up} [germany]
admin
Site Admin

Re: Melanie Safka Singer Songwriter

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Melanie Safka on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)