Postage

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
GraphCollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Postage

Post by GraphCollector »

I was just thinking about those of you who send $ enclosed with LOR for SASE’s abroad, I am having to do the same, from England to the US, I write a lot, so figure the $$ will mount up, considering the amount of mail that I’ve posted previously that has never had a response, or RTS, I feel I’m going to be wasting quite a bit of money here, however, you win some, you lose some as the saying goes, how do you, on here, feel about this subject?

:-)
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Postage

Post by kimmylee »

Doing International requests is always going to be more expensive.

It might be more economical for you to buy US stamps, USPS won't sell them through their website but will via their official eBay shop.

viewtopic.php?f=117&t=30702&start=75
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

Autograph collecting can be an expensive hobby. Even in the US, it's about $3 for the SASE and $3 to send an 8x10 photo. I have lots of photos and SASEs that never came back, despite them being seemingly good addresses.

You pays your money, you takes your chances. If you feel it's a waste of money and it's something you can't lose every so often then this hobby is not for you.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
GraphCollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GraphCollector »

Hartster wrote:Autograph collecting can be an expensive hobby. Even in the US, it's about $3 for the SASE and $3 to send an 8x10 photo. I have lots of photos and SASEs that never came back, despite them being seemingly good addresses.

You pays your money, you takes your chances. If you feel it's a waste of money and it's something you can't lose every so often then this hobby is not for you.
That’s why I said you win some, you lose some.
I was just starting conversation, in regards to the expense of a hobby, all hobbies cost, some more than others.
GraphCollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GraphCollector »

kimmylee wrote:Doing International requests is always going to be more expensive.

It might be more economical for you to buy US stamps, USPS won't sell them through their website but will via their official eBay shop.

viewtopic.php?f=117&t=30702&start=75
Thank you, I’ll continue with $ for now as I am not on Ebay.