Post Removed By User AutographDiva

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
renef09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Grace Slick - Musician and artist - No Longer Signing

Post by renef09 »

That's too bad, sorry to read this. I was able to obtain Grace's autograph TTM a few years ago. IMO, celebrities should care about what people do with the autographs they sign, especially if they do it for free. Why? Because:

1. A celebrity does not own fans anything and are not compelled to sign autographs. If they do so, it is because they have the freedom to do it.

2. If a celebrity signs for free for a fan, why would that fan sell it afterwards? If you ask for an auto, it would mean that it is you that want to collect it and not profit from it.

3. When fake fans profit from celebrities' nobility, true fans lose.

Grace Slick might not be Babe Ruth or Elvis, but she is an icon of music and the counterculture of the 60's. Cheers!
Collector from Asunción, Paraguay TTM: J. Williams, E. Morricone, F. Beckenbauer, J. Dench, O. Pistorius x 2, L. Matthäus, R. Völler, O. Kahn, H. Ford PP, G. Müller, Steppenwolf, B. Borg, I. McKellen, M. Hamill, F. Rossi, R. Parfitt, G. Scarfe, G. Slick, R. Federer, J. Guldberg, T. Stahl, P. Collins, R. Ballard, P. Withers, J. Illsley, G. Martin, H. Lewis, J. Bulloch, F. Pienaar, P. Coelho, G. Sinise, S. Maier, J. Carter, L. Marini, P. Breitner, R. Stewart, B. Bardot, D. Zoff, T. Burgnich, J.E. Jones, K. Baker, J. Zanetti, M. Gorbachev, R. Bonhof, S. Thorgerson, R. Daltrey, U. Eco, W. Samuel, Sting, J. Cocker, T. Ravelli, H. Shore, J. Hurt, R. Baggio, H. Mirren, K. Spacey, K. Moss, R. Kopa, P. ?ech, J. Fontaine, R. Duvall, S. Loren, A. Ferguson, R. Astley, S. Moss, J. Reno, B. Nighy, R. Scott, M. van Basten, J. Cruyff, J. Voight, B. May, A. Moore, B. Gibb, A. Arkin, R. Plant, J. McEnroe, Roxette, Heart, B. Andersson, M. Platini, Figo, Rivellino, Pelé IP: A. Parsons, V. Mortensen
Lucricia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lucricia »

She signed for a long while. Too bad.
AutographDiva
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by AutographDiva »

renef09 wrote:That's too bad, sorry to read this. I was able to obtain Grace's autograph TTM a few years ago. IMO, celebrities should care about what people do with the autographs they sign, especially if they do it for free. Why? Because:

1. A celebrity does not own fans anything and are not compelled to sign autographs. If they do so, it is because they have the freedom to do it.

2. If a celebrity signs for free for a fan, why would that fan sell it afterwards? If you ask for an auto, it would mean that it is you that want to collect it and not profit from it.

3. When fake fans profit from celebrities' nobility, true fans lose.

Grace Slick might not be Babe Ruth or Elvis, but she is an icon of music and the counterculture of the 60's. Cheers!
I agree and your #3 was my main point.
Most of my collection can be viewed here: http://celebritybymk.wix.com/autographs
AutographDiva

Post by AutographDiva »

mikesautos wrote:Grace autograph is not a BABE RUTH or Elvis . If she does not sign that is Fine . But get a life & do not worry about what some 1 is doing with your autograph . If you have Millions of dollars . I could find better things to think about than is some 1 selling my autograph . Just sayin ..
She did get a life and stopped worrying about it. Sadly, the fans are paying the price. We as a community of collectors (for whatever our reason) are killing out own hobby. It is not just Grace. Below is a list of people I have run into with the same policy for the same reason:
Grace Slick
Angela Lansbury
Julie Andrews
Rhonda Flemming
Kim Novak
Barbara Eden
Cyndi Lauper
Leslie Caron
Diana Rigg
Pink
Lynda Carter
All just off the top of my head.
Most of my collection can be viewed here: http://celebritybymk.wix.com/autographs
mikesautos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mikesautos »

i just think it is Stupid to say i am not signing because some people sell them . Sounds like a Very lame Excuse to quit signing . Just be honest & say i do want to sign . thanks
AutographDiva

Post by AutographDiva »

mikesautos wrote:i just think it is Stupid to say i am not signing because some people sell them . Sounds like a Very lame Excuse to quit signing . Just be honest & say i do want to sign . thanks
The problem is, it is trending. What will we do when no celebrity will sign because of address mills, fake fans, and eBay? Thier will be no collecting as we know it now. Why not for the good of everyone involved, only collect autos from people you are actually fans of. There really does need to be some way to not allow collectors for profit to not participate in these types of sites.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi AutographDiva :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Grace Slick on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

renef09 wrote:2. If a celebrity signs for free for a fan, why would that fan sell it afterwards? If you ask for an auto, it would mean that it is you that want to collect it and not profit from it.
Answer 1: Sometimes you get in a situation and are forced to sell.

Answer 2: When a person dies, there's a finite supply of their signatures. If you want one, what's your choice? Buy or go without. If you have their signature, you can sell it to someone who wants it.

Bottom line is, whether people like it or not, the selling autographs has been around for a long, long time and will continue to do so. eBay and other sites are not the bad guys here (although eBay has made it easier.)

If a celebrity charges a fee, guess what? That's the selling of an autograph. It's just the money is made by that person, not the one requesting the autograph.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
renef09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by renef09 »

Hartster wrote:
renef09 wrote:2. If a celebrity signs for free for a fan, why would that fan sell it afterwards? If you ask for an auto, it would mean that it is you that want to collect it and not profit from it.
Answer 1: Sometimes you get in a situation and are forced to sell.

Answer 2: When a person dies, there's a finite supply of their signatures. If you want one, what's your choice? Buy or go without. If you have their signature, you can sell it to someone who wants it.

Bottom line is, whether people like it or not, the selling autographs has been around for a long, long time and will continue to do so. eBay and other sites are not the bad guys here (although eBay has made it easier.)

If a celebrity charges a fee, guess what? That's the selling of an autograph. It's just the money is made by that person, not the one requesting the autograph.
May I do a clarification. Sorry, I meant to refer to bad faith cases, not the ones you mentioned. All of what you said is completely true.
Collector from Asunción, Paraguay TTM: J. Williams, E. Morricone, F. Beckenbauer, J. Dench, O. Pistorius x 2, L. Matthäus, R. Völler, O. Kahn, H. Ford PP, G. Müller, Steppenwolf, B. Borg, I. McKellen, M. Hamill, F. Rossi, R. Parfitt, G. Scarfe, G. Slick, R. Federer, J. Guldberg, T. Stahl, P. Collins, R. Ballard, P. Withers, J. Illsley, G. Martin, H. Lewis, J. Bulloch, F. Pienaar, P. Coelho, G. Sinise, S. Maier, J. Carter, L. Marini, P. Breitner, R. Stewart, B. Bardot, D. Zoff, T. Burgnich, J.E. Jones, K. Baker, J. Zanetti, M. Gorbachev, R. Bonhof, S. Thorgerson, R. Daltrey, U. Eco, W. Samuel, Sting, J. Cocker, T. Ravelli, H. Shore, J. Hurt, R. Baggio, H. Mirren, K. Spacey, K. Moss, R. Kopa, P. ?ech, J. Fontaine, R. Duvall, S. Loren, A. Ferguson, R. Astley, S. Moss, J. Reno, B. Nighy, R. Scott, M. van Basten, J. Cruyff, J. Voight, B. May, A. Moore, B. Gibb, A. Arkin, R. Plant, J. McEnroe, Roxette, Heart, B. Andersson, M. Platini, Figo, Rivellino, Pelé IP: A. Parsons, V. Mortensen
AutographDiva

Post by AutographDiva »

[/quote]Bottom line is, whether people like it or not, the selling autographs has been around for a long, long time and will continue to do so. eBay and other sites are not the bad guys here (although eBay has made it easier.)

If a celebrity charges a fee, guess what? That's the selling of an autograph. It's just the money is made by that person, not the one requesting the autograph.[/quote]

My point is more that we are getting to a point where most celebs will either sign for a fee or not at all. They are no longer willing to be profited off of in such abundance. The benefit of the internet (in general) has made collecting a lot more competitive. I suppose it is just disheartening to see so many stop signing because their addresses get spammed. Why not either make the profit the collector will eventually make for themselves? In the worst of cases, the celeb just stops signing. It is frustrating as a fan and a collector. TTM request will eventually become obsolete and the true fans that support an artist will be the victims. Have some moral about yourself and your hobby.