Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson Astrophysicist and Author

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson Astrophysicist and Author

Post by caappy »

Neil deGrasse Tyson (/?ni?l d???ræs ?ta?s?n/; born October 5, 1958) is an American astrophysicist, author, and science communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for Earth and Space in New York City. The center is part of the American Museum of Natural History, where Tyson founded the Department of Astrophysics in 1997 and has been a research associate in the department since 2003. Tyson's research has focused on observations in cosmology, stellar evolution, galactic astronomy, bulges, and stellar formation. He has held numerous positions at institutions including the University of Maryland, Princeton University, the American Museum of Natural History, and the Hayden Planetarium.
In 1994, Tyson joined the Hayden Planetarium as a staff scientist while he was a research affiliate in Princeton University. He became acting director of the planetarium in June 1995 and was appointed director in 1996.

Sent him 2 photos on 8 May and got 2 other signed photos in return on 19 Jun. My photos and my unused return envelope were sent back with his photos in an envelope from the American Museum of Natural History / Department of Astrophysics, Central Park West at 79th Street, New York, New York 10024-5192

Also include a form letter from Mr Tyson's executive assistant

We have received your request for an autographed photo. Due to the hectic schedule, Dr Tyson is unable to personalize any at this time. Please accept our apologies from the form letter, as we have a high volume of requests, this is the quickest way for us to respond to everyone.. Thank you for your understanding and continued interest in Dr Tyson's work..

The photos appear to be pre-signed.. they are a little different from one another..

Address I sent too....

Dr Neil Degrasse Tyson
c/o Hayden Planetarium
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY 10024
ATTN: Astrophysics Dept
zach8270
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson Astrophysicist and Author

Post by zach8270 »

Nice. If you sent in May of this year, that was a real fast turnaround. It took over 2 years for me to get mine back.
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by caappy »

They must have decided to have him sign a stack of photos, and then the staff would just send them out when needed... both pics they sent back were the same.. one for me and one for my buddy... and that is May of this year.. Did he sign the photo that you sent him?
zach8270

Post by zach8270 »

No, I got a pre-signed back and the same letter that you got.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi caappy :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope and picture you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Neil Degrasse Tyson on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
wintersoldier
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by wintersoldier »

Whoa that's super cool. Probably going to send a LOR then. So I don't need to send a SASE?
caappy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by caappy »

I would send a return envelope with postage along with your request.. just in case they need it.. but if they do the same with me, your envelope will come back so you can use it again... It would be polite if you did send a return envelope.. Good luck..