MLB Tommy John Success......or Fake

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Cody_P
$10 gift certificate winner

MLB Tommy John Success......or Fake

Post by Cody_P »

Sent a LOR, SASE, $10, and TC to :

Thomas John
13014 W Palermo Ct
Fort Mill, SC 29707

Sent : 11/2/16
Received : 3/20/17

http://surfmypictures.com/image/62de8ca ... mti3x.html

First, this isn't the card I sent.
Secondly, need suggestions on this autograph. From what I've seen on the internet, this autograph seems different. The "T" in Tommy in my autograph seems different than other online autograph. Also, the "O" in John is never made out in his online autograph but this "O" in my autograph is clearly made. I have a feeling that this may not be genuine. Ideas or comments?
admin
Site Admin

Re: MLB Tommy John Success......or Fake

Post by admin »

Hi Cody_P :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Tommy John on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
kingstarsports

Post by kingstarsports »

I'm not saying it is real for sure, or fake. But just because the autograph looks different than other confirmed autographs doesn't necessarily mean it's not genuine. Lots of people's autographs evolve over time and as they get older. Some of their autographs may be rushed while others are signed with more care. In my opinion, the fact that a different card was sent to you autographed, lends more weight to the autograph being authentic. There's many reasons why the athlete would send a different card. Maybe he has a contract with that specific brand. Maybe he had autographed those cards in bulk at an earlier date to send them out when people send him a request. Or maybe the card you sent him, he didn't have in his own personal collection so decided to keep it and send you a different one, they will do that sometimes. And lastly, let's face it, this guy isn't at the top of the list of most famous ball players so I would find it hard to believe that he has anyone else signing for him. In my opinion it's authentic. But like I said that's just my opinion based on many years of sports autograph collecting through the mail. Congrats and good luck!
Cody_P

Post by Cody_P »

That's the kind of advice I was looking for. I've been collecting for a few years now & have learned several tips, hints, and advice along the way. Thanks for the input.
kingstarsports

Post by kingstarsports »

No Problem! Congrats on your success, and good luck with your collecting! And thanks for sharing your success with us!!!