Eastenders

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
Rish.X

Eastenders

Post by Rish.X »

i worte a letter to eastenders 4 my charity.asking 4 a signed road sign and a signed script.but didint attach a self addressed envelope?what do i DOO
youpla
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by youpla »

you wait and hope for the best ! :lol:

But i got a signed script without any SASE !
Rish.X

Post by Rish.X »

thnx!
i worte a letter and sent it but it didnt seem profecinal.so that is in the post and proberly reached the bbc.but if i wrote a new one and make it sound more procenical will they think im a bit of a freek.or should i jus post it????????
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hi guys {up}

The BBC are usually very good about paying the return postage if needed. However, I would still advise sending the return postage if possible as it usually results in greater success :wink:

Good luck!

IanImage
phillylou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by phillylou »

ive wrote a few to charity but when you write to eastenders do you ask for what you want eg signed script or do you just write a letter and see what they send
tractorgirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tractorgirl »

I would very much like to do this in aid of a local charity. How do I go about this? Do I need to send proof that I am related to the charity in some way?
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Hi phillylou & tractorgirl {up}

When you approach an individual or and organisation for a donation, I would advise you not to ask for a specific item. This is for two reasons; firstly, it can look a bit rude and expectant! and secondly, you run the risk that the item you are asking for is not currently available so you will get nothing!

A better way of doing it is to explain that you are collecting for a charity auction of signed photographs and memorabilia. Quite often you will then be sent something either in addition to, or instead of just a signed photo.

I would also advise that you always write clearly in your letter that you are collecting on behalf of . . . . (charity), and try to get some official headed paper, or a letter of introduction from the charity to prove you are a legitimate collector.

Good luck to both of you!
Ian :mrgreen: