Hand written or computer written?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

Blodsten wrote:Hey Fatima! You were in Göteborg in march this year on the convention? I was there too. I couldn't afford the autographs though, they were expensive!
Yes, I was :D And I bought two autographs which was a bit expensive. Aww, I see :( Did you still get to meet some of the stars?

Fatima Image
Blodsten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blodsten »

FatimaDenmark wrote:
Blodsten wrote:Hey Fatima! You were in Göteborg in march this year on the convention? I was there too. I couldn't afford the autographs though, they were expensive!
Yes, I was :D And I bought two autographs which was a bit expensive. Aww, I see :( Did you still get to meet some of the stars?

Fatima Image
Well, I didn't meet them :( but at least I saw them. I got all the way to the rope :wink:
I really wanted to get the autgraphs, but I only had 500 kr. Elijah's was 300, wasn't it?
You going there this spring too?
IP Successes: Billy Boyd, Verne Troyer, Felicia Day, Kai Owen, William Shatner, Dick Eriksson (swedish voice actor), Sylvester McCoy, David Wenham.
To see my collection, visit HematiteAutographs on Instagram.
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

I don't have any plans about going again, but it all depends on who will be there. Meeting Elijah was the first time I've ever been to a convention. You can see some of my pics and read more about the convention here:
http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... &highlight

Yes, Elijah's autograph was 300! :?
Danny

Post by Danny »

Remember when writing your letter be honest with the celeb. Also Don't write that you are the #1 fan. I'm pretty sure they heard that one before.
Blodsten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blodsten »

Yes, I'll be honest! I would't say that I'm their #1 fan, since I don't know all their fans. Some fans are obbsessed, I'm not.
IP Successes: Billy Boyd, Verne Troyer, Felicia Day, Kai Owen, William Shatner, Dick Eriksson (swedish voice actor), Sylvester McCoy, David Wenham.
To see my collection, visit HematiteAutographs on Instagram.
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

In my opinion, I say typed {up}

Advantages:

* Mistakes are made clear and noticeable before printing.
* It is easy for the celebrity to read.
* Appears neat.

Disadvantages:

* Less personal, perhaps.
* Celebrity may feel it could be just the use of Ctrl+V from previous letters.
*Celebrity may feel not much thought was put into the writing of the letter. (But I don't really understand why it would matter as they must receive alot of fanmail.)

TheMailman 8)
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

Danny wrote:Remember when writing your letter be honest with the celeb. Also Don't write that you are the #1 fan. I'm pretty sure they heard that one before.
Excellent point. When I write my letter(s) to celebrities, I am always honest with them. I agree with you about not writing that you are the #1 fan because this is a turn-off to certain celebrities because some people like to butter up the celebrities in hopes that they will get an autograph.

An honest letter is best way to write to a celebrity. When you write a letter to a celebrity don't write it like an obsessed fan because this might turn off the celebrity.
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

yeah, I also try not to compliment them on their looks. Some celebs may feel that you only like them because of their looks, and not their talent.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Once professionnal athlete inscribed a pic I sent...It said to my #1 fan Danny thanks for your support, and autographed the pic. So sometimes without asking you might get surprises like that on your autograph request
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

One word of advice is to never mention that you are an autograph collector in your letters. Certain celebrities despise autograph collectors & they might not send you an autograph if you mention that you are an autograph collector.

While many of us on fanmail.biz collect autographs from celebrities who we are fans of, there are autograph collectors who collect autographs only to sell the autographs on EBAY, et al.