I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS SITE - stephanie

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS SITE - stephanie

Post by TheCollector »

stephanie wrote:
I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS SIGHT. JUST A QUICK QUESTION CAN U HELP?
WAS WONDERING IF THE CELEBRITES MIGHT ACTUALLY RESPOND THEMSELFS BY SENDING THEM IN THE MAIL . ARE THEY ALL PRE PRINT PHOTOS OR CAN A STAR ACTUALLY READ YOUR EMAIL AND SEND YOU OUT A REAL AUTOGRAPHIF THEY CHOOSE TO? IS THER ONLY A CERTAIN AMOUNT YOU CAN SEND DAILY? SOME I GET AUTOMATIC RESPONSE SOME I DONT? JUST CURIOUS IF THE CELEBRITES COULD HAVE ACCESS AND READ SOME OF THE EMAILS IF THEY WANTED OR ARE THEY JUST ALL PRE PRINTS SNET OUT BY SOME ONE HIRED TO DO SO? BECAUSE I EMAILED ANGELINA JOLIE AND LIKE 1 WEEK LATER I GOT A REAL AUTOGRAPH PICTURE. SIGNATURE LOOKS AUTHENTIC MATCHED IT UP WITH OTHERS AND I SENT IT THROUGH FAN MAIL ON HERE. I ALSO HAVE A WEB SIGHT FOR CLASSIC TV STARS FROM THE 50'S AND 60'S SOME 40'S TO WITH EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU LIKE THAT YOU CAN ASK FOR YOUR CHARITIES MIGHT PAY OFF GREAT. THANKS
STEPHANIE
Last edited by TheCollector on Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCollector

Re: I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS SIGHT - stephanie

Post by TheCollector »

TheCollector wrote:stephanie wrote:
I AM FAIRLY NEW TO THIS SIGHT. JUST A QUICK QUESTION CAN U HELP?
WAS WONDERING IF THE CELEBRITES MIGHT ACTUALLY RESPOND THEMSELFS BY SENDING THEM IN THE MAIL . ARE THEY ALL PRE PRINT PHOTOS OR CAN A STAR ACTUALLY READ YOUR EMAIL AND SEND YOU OUT A REAL AUTOGRAPHIF THEY CHOOSE TO? IS THER ONLY A CERTAIN AMOUNT YOU CAN SEND DAILY? SOME I GET AUTOMATIC RESPONSE SOME I DONT? JUST CURIOUS IF THE CELEBRITES COULD HAVE ACCESS AND READ SOME OF THE EMAILS IF THEY WANTED OR ARE THEY JUST ALL PRE PRINTS SNET OUT BY SOME ONE HIRED TO DO SO? BECAUSE I EMAILED ANGELINA JOLIE AND LIKE 1 WEEK LATER I GOT A REAL AUTOGRAPH PICTURE. SIGNATURE LOOKS AUTHENTIC MATCHED IT UP WITH OTHERS AND I SENT IT THROUGH FAN MAIL ON HERE. I ALSO HAVE A WEB SIGHT FOR CLASSIC TV STARS FROM THE 50'S AND 60'S SOME 40'S TO WITH EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU LIKE THAT YOU CAN ASK FOR YOUR CHARITIES MIGHT PAY OFF GREAT. THANKS
STEPHANIE
Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for your mail!

Sometimes celebrities handle their own mail and send out autographs, but more often than not they take on somebody else to do this for them.

It really depends on how busy the celebrity is as to whether they read their fan mail. I think generally they read some of it and the rest gets handled by someone else. It is really a luck thing as to whether your mail gets read.

You asked about whether all autographs all preprints? On the whole, most celebrities will personally sign for you if you ask in a polite way. And from experience, part of this politeness is to include a stamped self addressed envelope with your letter.

It is not just the cost of the post, but you are far more likely to get something back if the celeb or their agent can just pop something in your ready-made reply envelope and stick it straight back in the mail (rather than have to find and address and stamp and envelope for you).

However, if you apply for autographs via email to SFM (Studio Fam Mail) the autographs you get then will always be preprints. SFM work for many major celebrities as a third-party distributor of preprinted autographs. Many of the pictures you can receive from SFM are of great quality though, and also give you a good idea of what the celebrity's own writing looks like (helps to identify fakes when you do get some original autos!)

If you mail out a letter to a celebrity and get no reply immediately, don't give up hope! It can sometimes take many months before you get a reply. Always remeber to add your own address to the envelope when you mail it out, so that it will be returned to you if it is undeliverable!

Finally, I would love to hear more about the classic TV star website you mentioned!

I hope this helps!

Cheers {thumb2} [uk]

Ian