Letterhead

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
blitzkreig
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Letterhead

Post by blitzkreig »

When writing for a charity, dont you have to provide a letterhead? (i.e. logo, address charity number)

I was just wondering because I would like to open an autction for the victims of the tsunami last year.

Any help would be appreciated
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Letterhead

Post by TheCollector »

blitzkreig wrote:When writing for a charity, dont you have to provide a letterhead? (i.e. logo, address charity number)

I was just wondering because I would like to open an autction for the victims of the tsunami last year.

Any help would be appreciated
Hi blitzkreig, {up}

If you are collecting for a registered charity it is usually better to add the logo and charity number to your letter as it does offer some credibility.

However if you are collecting for a good cause which is not necessarily a charity you should make this clear on the letter, but send it as a personal plea from yourself. In this case you should just use plain paper.

If you are collecting for a registered charity they should be only too happy to provide you with a logo and registration number. What I do then is create a template on your word processor package (I use MS Word) and print out the letterhead with logo on each letter I send out.

Even better would be to get some official headed paper from the charity to use.

I think your best bet is to find a charity which already support the Tsunami cause and offer your help to raise funds for them. You might like to try going to the Disasters Emergency Committee website http://www.dec.org.uk/ where you will find a complete list of charities supporting them.

I hope this helps!

Cheers {thumb2} [uk]
Ian