How do you store your autographs?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
jennyblue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jennyblue »

i use a binder that i got from school and the clear plastic sheets that i got from staples. i have no idea if they are acid free. i hope so.
Taxi_06
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Taxi_06 »

I just put mine in a plain photo album that I bought from Wal-Mart. :|
"I love robbing the English, they're so polite."
-Kevin Kline- "A Fish Called Wanda"
ImageImageImageImage
whosurdaddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whosurdaddy »

Hey RSVP,
i couldn't have said it better. They actually still make PVC Sleeves? I thought they went out with the dinosaurs. LOL . jennyblue, I also get my sleeves from staples. I always look for archival safe, no pvc. As far as putting them in frames I have maybe 200 or so in frames with acid free backing and UV PROTECTED GLASS which you can special order from any frame/ matting/picture shop.
camelias tragic
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by camelias tragic »

I used plastic sleeves and a binder. When I get moved into my new apartment I plan on framing some of my favorite autographs.
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

whosurdaddy wrote:Hey RSVP,
i couldn't have said it better. They actually still make PVC Sleeves? I thought they went out with the dinosaurs. LOL . jennyblue, I also get my sleeves from staples. I always look for archival safe, no pvc. As far as putting them in frames I have maybe 200 or so in frames with acid free backing and UV PROTECTED GLASS which you can special order from any frame/ matting/picture shop.
Hey whosurdaddy,

reading through all these postings from other users I have the impression that we are dealing with a lot of young/teen collectors who can't afford the technique's yet that we are using.

Maybe I was getting too technical, but my tips were still the one's you need to still have fun with your collection over the next 60+ years.

Best,
Stephan
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

http://www.facebook.com/ViaVenueAutographs
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

reading through all these postings from other users I have the impression that we are dealing with a lot of young/teen collectors who can't afford the technique's yet that we are using.
Please don't be rude. For all you know, whosurdaddy could be 17/18? Thats young to me so please don't make false accusations about others {down}
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

TheMailman wrote:
Please don't be rude. For all you know, whosurdaddy could be 17/18? Thats young to me so please don't make false accusations about others {down}
I'm not getting rude at all. It's just a simple fact that a teenager can't afford the equipment that the "older" generation uses since they do only live off their pocket money. A professional framing with acid free backing and UV protected glass/museum glass is the kind of really expensive stuff and nothing that you would get next door at WalMart's.

You're reading much too much out of my postings, TheMailman! :wink:

And let me asure you, whosurdaddy is even older than I am. :wink:

Best,
Stephan
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

But seriously, thats getting too technical. At the end of the day, it is a piece of paper which has a scribble on it, why go and spend so much when you can slide it into a nice folder than spending more, than the actual autograph is worth?:wink:
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

TheMailman wrote:But seriously, thats getting too technical. At the end of the day, it is a piece of paper which has a scribble on it, why go and spend so much when you can slide it into a nice folder than spending more, than the actual autograph is worth?:wink:
If you have ever paid more than US $40.000 on an ALS by John Wilkes Booth you will understand why it's so important to put money in the protection of your autographs.

Best,
Stephan

jennyblue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jennyblue »

whosurdaddy wrote:Hey RSVP,
this is probably a stupid question but what brand do you use. i have the avery poly vu.

And I understand your point R.S.V.P. I know i am in college and money for me is pretty tight but i did not know that about photos.