authenticity question about these stars?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

TheMailman,

No one is saying that collecting secs (etc) is wrong. What is being said is if you get a secretarial, then accept it for what it is, dont put yourself in a state of denial and say its genuine...
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

Why waste money in stamps, envelopes, paper, ink, etc?! I will tell ya what.. Send all your pics and stuff that you want signed to ME, and I will sign them for ya.. Inscriptions are also free!! Then you can tell people you got a signature.. It doesnt make sense.. If they aren't real, why bother!?
I was meaning it in reference to that post :wink:
goldy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goldy »

If your knowingly getting a sec. autograph, why bother?! Let your uncle, mother or neighbor sign the pic.. Its the same difference..

On another note, I would also say to hammer Anna K.s mailbox.. Dakotas is full enough now..

:)
http://www.robertbarrow.com

I send my OWN sase, so the envelopes only have my address information. I throw them in the Trash!
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

On another note, I would also say to hammer Anna K.s mailbox.. Dakotas is full enough now..
What do you mean by this? :|
leela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leela »

People, people, cool it! As someone aptly put, this is an enlightening topic, but it's also the biggest hotbed for arguments. Let's not get too heated up here...I repeat, IT'S ALL VERY SUBJECTIVE! Go on with the discussion, it's helpful, but please don't cross the limits and and get the post locked.
Joeay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Joeay »

goldy is only joking, there's no need to take it so out of hand. Let's just have a civilized conversation
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

Thats just taking advantage of a 12 year old girl :|

Like leela said, this is a hotbed for arguements and I find it very hard to believe we can have a proper conversation. {down}
leela
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leela »

TheMailman - a proper conversation is indeed possible, as long as people don't start getting too worked up about the varying opinions. This is the reason why all such topics have had to be locked in the past.
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

Andy316 wrote:TheMailman,

No one is saying that collecting secs (etc) is wrong. What is being said is if you get a secretarial, then accept it for what it is, dont put yourself in a state of denial and say its genuine...
Dear Andy316,

I absolutely agree with you! So I guess there's still a lot of "work" for us to do. :wink:

Best,
Stephan
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

http://www.facebook.com/ViaVenueAutographs
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

Hey guys {up}

I am perfectly happy for this thread to stay open all the time the dialogue is constructive and polite :wink:

Threads only generally get closed when the name-calling starts. It is perfectly OK to disagree, but by the same token you have to accept that everyone will have a different point of view :)

I think TheMailman was correct in what he said about upsetting younger collectors, just as I accept younger collectors do not have to visit this thread . . .

However, that defence fails when a youngster lists a success on the feedback forum, only to get 3 or 4 post straight after saying things like: "It's a preprint", or "Don't you know that's a secretarial".

If we want to jump in straight away with bad news, then there is a proper way of doing it :wink:

Just imagine you had a young daughter of say 13, and she got an auto from her favourite pop star. You were convinced it was a preprint, but I am suggesting we wouldn't offer her such a harsh explanation.

If we are to grow this hobby then we need to whisper the bad news and shout the successes! I hope you all understand what I am saying :wink:

Why do you think so many children begin their collections with Disney character autographs? Because a response is guaranteed and there is quick gratification. These same young collectors then move on to collect authentics, and keep the hobby going.

That is of course provided we don't put them off before they have started :|

Ian :mrgreen: