Why did you start collecting autos?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
D3fy_Gravity
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by D3fy_Gravity »

When I was in grammar school I think it maybe 4th grade we were learning about letter writing and we had to choose a celebrity, a company, and a family member to write to. I didn't really think anything of it and definitely wasn't expecting any replies. I was shocked one day to hear that I got mail (As a ten year old I never once recieved anything int he mail besides for magazines). The company I wrote to (some sticker company) sent some free stickers and cool letter and the celebrity I wrote to (Rosie O Donnell) sent an autographed pic and 2 koosh ball pencils. That was probably the moment I realized that recieving mail is like a mini-Christmas lol. Anyway, so I started writing to celebrities on and off for the next few years and I recently started again regularly (at 17).
FlyersFan17
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FlyersFan17 »

maybe I was bored haha I don't know. Uh I guess I started because I watch alot of sports mainly hockey and football, so it's kinda cool to me to have kind of like a piece of them in a way.

Yeah not much of a story. It feels good to get things back.

Recent success's:Wayne Gretzky,Brian Dawkins,Amanda Beard,Alexander Ovechkin,Rod Brind'Amour,RJ Umberger

My Site:
http://www.freewebs.com/kevssportsautographs/index.htm

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
batmaura
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Why did you start collecting autos?

Post by batmaura »

Taxi_06 wrote:Why did you start collecting them? I started by just sending one out to my fav celeb and it just evolved from there.
Me too! :D
James

Post by James »

Hi Taxi 06,

I first started becuase I was searching for Amt & Dec on Google.com, and a signed picture of them came up. I then visited this persons collection website, and it made me start.

James {up}
Magikalz

Post by Magikalz »

it all started when i was on the SF forums and they had an autograph discusson, and i really wanted ashley tisdales autographh so i mailed her , thn i decided to mail dakota fanning. this all led to this website because someone mentioned it. when i got my first autograph i develeoped an addiction hahaha
EugeneE
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EugeneE »

I started collecting autographs in August 2006. Currently, the only ones which I have are SFM's but I also going to start writing to celebs & using SASE's.
Sharkie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sharkie »

Taxi_06 wrote:I started by just sending one out to my fav celeb and it just evolved from there.
Same Here! {up}

I wanted to write to Devon Werkheiser, just a fan letter. So I did a google search on him for his address. I stumbled upon this site and I found out could get an autograph from him! I was so excited! Istarted working on a letter and a little gift right away. The best part was when I found that big yellow envelope in my mailbox! :D

Then, after that, I thought, "Wow, I can really get stuff back from writing to my favorite stars!" And it just grew from there! So far, I have 5 autographs; 2 being gifts for my family! My sis also has 2 autos! It's a fun hobby, and you feel kinda connected to celebrities! It's so much fun!

Sharkie :mrgreen:
Lydz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Why did you start collecting autos?

Post by Lydz »

Taxi_06 wrote:Why did you start collecting them? I started by just sending one out to my fav celeb and it just evolved from there.
Me aswell! I mailed Dakota and Elle Fanning. :)
"Action is character. If we never did anything, we wouldn't be anyone."
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

I never expected the addresses to work until I stumbled across the forums. Then it just evolved from there {up}
themohawkgirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by themohawkgirl »

My dad used to get autographs from sports people when he was my age, so i started writing to bands i liked and they sent autographs!
Image Image Image Image