Beach Boys ... not new but still in person

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Beach Boys ... not new but still in person

Post by goswannies »

Ok firstly, this is not a recent success.

But I went to a Beach Boys concert tonight & it reminded me of an in person success I had with the band just over 3 years ago for their 50th Anniversay tour, when the "5 living Beach Boys" (Brian, Al, Dave Marks, Bruce & Mike) reunited for a tour & to release a new album.

I was lucky enough to meet them back stage (as well as some of the back up band) & they kindly signed a photo for me. I only just got it framed a month ago.

After tonight, they are still amazing live ... though I'll lament that we're unlikely to see the "complete" lineup again (well, of living members) to see them that one time in Sept 2012 & have a keepsake on my wall (complete with concert ticket & backstage pass) is something I'll treasure & look at fondly when I listen to their music or watch their DVDs.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Beach Boys ... not new but still in person

Post by goswannies »

Greg2600 wrote:Amazing! Brian gave a full signature?
Brian's scrawl is typical for him. His is right above his head (next to Mike's which is above Mike's head - both in thicker texta - the backing band are all in thinner marker around the top of the photo). Al, Dave & Bruce signed on their bodies. I've found Brian's have deteriorated over the years. The "B" is distinguishable, the "rian" just trails off. The "Wilson" starts as a vague "W" that trails off into a bit of a squiggle at best. But since I was there, I know it's him. My only half decent on of Brian was from a signing for his solo Smile album but that was a decade ago. He signed better then. My worst was on the cover of a Smile book - just a single a wiggle that a 2 year old with a crayon could forge ;)
autographhound001
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autographhound001 »

Greg2600 wrote:Amazing! Brian gave a full signature?
His signature is pretty ugly these days (unless Jeff Foskett signs for him :?
But he tries
jeries
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jeries »

i was tempted to spend the $500+ to meet them

but it wasn't clear if it came with an autograph or the chance to get them to sign

i'm not an autograph hound with rockstars but if i'm paying for it- i want it dammit