custom cards/pieces from letters

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

custom cards/pieces from letters

Post by goswannies »

Celebs can sometimes kindly take the time to pen a thoughtful note when signing a card or a photo. Does anyone ever make custom pieces such as cards from the signatures at the bottom of letters?

The space where the signature is, is a window cut out of the picture. The pictures are stuck back to back on cardboard to make a card with clear plastic between the autographed paper and the picture (ie under the picture but over the autograph, to protect the signed paper.
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: custom cards/pieces from letters

Post by BossC »

Seems like a cool idea but I want to keep the signature on the letter. I have a file for all my letters received- I have thought about putting them in a notebook but haven't started that.

BossC
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

BossC wrote:Seems like a cool idea but I want to keep the signature on the letter. I have a file for all my letters received- I have thought about putting them in a notebook but haven't started that.

BossC
Yeah, I know many - if not most - collectors like to keep the letters intact. The other use is, if you have nothing to get sighed but a piece of paper (eg you come across a celeb on the street, at a restaurant, at a sporting event, or at the airport) they sign the piece of paper & what can you do with it? Custom card might be the answer!
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

A custom football card based on the Empire Strikes Back cards. The football player's name is Jake Lloyd (shares the name with the kid who played Anakin Skywalker). A couple of years ago the AFL teamed up with Disney to promote the AFL football round held on May the 4th as Star Wars Round. Teams released Star Wars t-shirts to commemorate & promote the round.
I thought it would nice to take advantage of the fact that a player shared the name with a Star Wars actor to make a card. Once I made it, I asked if he'd sign it ... & he kindly obliged.

Custom card, not a cut card