Preserving Autograph in Plastic Pages

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Moderator: admin

CJClark77
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Preserving Autograph in Plastic Pages

Post by CJClark77 »

I have autographs I've collected that have gone into different size frames. Usually 8x10s.

There are some autographs which are very minor ones from less popular athletes that I don't care to put on the wall.....As well as some of my favorite
scantily clad ladies in pictures wearing little or nothing. Some of those I would just like to stick in a book with plastic pages in it.

Does anyone else keep them in plastic pages sometimes? If so, which are the best ones to get. I want it so they are protected of course and so the ink doesn't come
off onto the plastic part after being kept there a long time.
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: Preserving Autograph in Plastic Pages

Post by dancingirl1 »

Plastic pages are fine. Just don't keep them in direct sunlight and make sure that they are acid free.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
dancinggirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by dancinggirl »

bonjour chairmant phot'o Dancinggirl and dancingirl1 est ala el also.

L'amour L'amour
XXOO!
Almostbitten
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Almostbitten »

I keep mine in plastic sleeves. But do you ever wonder why archivists wear white gloves? I use mine so often I wash them and store them in my underwear drawer. Human hands contain oils and salts that can damage autographs, and cotton gloves are an easy barrier to protect autographs. If you’ve seen as many 19th century photos as I have, you’d never forget that a fingerprint that’s invisible today will eventually become an impossible-to-ignore brown stain in the future. White cotton gloves are a simple and inexpensive solution. :)
bonwick86
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by bonwick86 »

I want Lucas autograph very much, would ut it on the wall for sure, don't u know where i can get it? I read in online essay writing services reviews that it is possible to buy it on ebay.
Stai12345
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Stai12345 »

This is what I do, I used to put my autographs in a binder when I first started. Now I use a photo album, and do what dancing girl 1 said because if you leave it out in the sun, the worst the whole autograph will be ruined, best the picture will be fated. The photo album works well and keeps the autographs in good condition. The binder worked as well too, but didn't have that professional look like I wanted. Hope this helps and hope you have good luck with your autographs.
Favorite TTMs: James Earl Jones, Nick Jonas, Arnold Palmer, Mickey Wright, and Robert Clary

Favorite IPs: Matt Kuchar, Jordan Spieth, Phil Mickelson, and Jim Furk

I'm a BIG Star Wars fan, if you have any information about any valid Star Wars cast addresses please contact me. I like autographs from WW2 era heroes like Holocaust survivors, Nazi Resistance members and WW2 veterans. If you have any information on that, please contact me. I would appropriate it!
autograph hound
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by autograph hound »

I would not put them in toploaders due to moisture , nearly ruined a Winslow as the sig stuck to it.
mushroom
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by mushroom »

Stai12345 wrote:This is what I do, I used to put my autographs in a binder when I first started. Now I use a photo album, and do what dancing girl 1 said because if you leave it out in the sun, the worst the whole autograph will be ruined, best the picture will be fated. The photo album works well and keeps the autographs in good condition. The binder worked as well too, but didn't have that professional look like I wanted. Hope this helps and hope you have good luck with your autographs.