Picture size?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Picture size?

Post by Guest »

I planning to send out a picture I printed. Could someone tell me the size you usually print the pic? Like 4by6, 5by7 8by10? What size do you usually print them? I just want to know what everyone usually do it...Thanks
Mimmi
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by Mimmi »

I don't print my own pictures so I'm not an authority on this, but I would say to make them 5by7 or 8by10. Both would be a nice size with plenty of room for the celebrity to sign it.
I hope that was some help.

Best Wished,
Mimmi
Insatia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Insatia »

I've been printing 8x10's but it really depends on the quality of the photo you are able to find. It's taken me several evenings to find some really good quality photos of the celebrities I'd like an autograph from. But the paper is pretty expensive too so I'm probably going to switch to 5x7's once I finish this pack to save money and print lower quality photos. To have a nice line'less, pixelated'less 8x10 you have to have at least a desktop size of 1024 x 768 or bigger. And of course bigger is preferrably better.

However, on that note I've come across some humongous photographs that actually were still horrible quality. i.e. fuzzy, pixelated, etc. I've got an eye for them now and easily pass them up.

To make things more difficult it is a very rare occasion that I come across a website with MALE celebrities on it.

Anyhow I've done quite a bit of research and offer up any of the photos I've found on the net to any of you. Perhaps at some point I'll put up a site of them for you to download them off of.

I saw in another post this site: http://www.photos.keithjakubowski.net/ but it isn't free.

email me.. perhaps i have the celeb you want :)