MMA Collectors

Chat about UFC/MMA, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Tennis, and Soccer here.
ragtop12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: MMA Collectors

Post by ragtop12 »

Love the over seas one also! Nice return.

I finally got my Dan Miller in yesterday... like 18 month return! Miller bros are good signers - just have to be patient!
deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

blitzburghcards wrote:What address is used for rich franklin? Thanks
Hi.
It's in the success post.
GL
deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

phyteguru wrote:I love seeing returns from Japan. Way to go man.
Hey bro. I know, right?!
Omigawa was cool to reply on Twitter to say they/he would watch for it.
I followed-up 2 weeks later to see if they received it & I got a Twitter reply saying they already sent it back on July 10.
I had help from Charlie, old MMAG member who's fluent in Japanese. He helped me make sense of the Dojo address on the website. We were almost dead-on with how they wrote on the back of the SASE.
Good Ink - Great success; fun hobby.
ragtop12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ragtop12 »

One in today, 6 months, Cole Miller c.o ATT
phyteguru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by phyteguru »

This wasn't TTM, but I haven't seen any of these yet so I wanted to share.

My friend got it for me at the UFC Fan Expo. He also sent me UFC Fan Expo Promos for CM Punk and Anthony Pettis - unsigned - but still really cool pieces to have.

I'm really hoping to get some in soon, I sent about 40 out in the last 4 months and have had almost NONE of them returned. Thats the way it goes with foreign country TTM.
Check out my Collection
http://www.facebook.com/gurugrapher
-One Fight at a Time-
1391 UFC Fighter Autographs Obtained
132 To Go
CormacBFCB
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CormacBFCB »

Has anybody had a Vitor Belfort successes C/O Blackzillians? And also does anyone know if Lyoto Machida signs through Black House LA?

Many thanks
-Cormac
ragtop12
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ragtop12 »

Finally got Chuck Liddell in... NO CLUE where I sent it as I have 4-5 out to him. Probably the most recent one post a few pages back I think. Also got Ben Rothwell w/ Rothwell MMA. Took 6+ months.
deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

Satuday, 7/25 brought:

Robert Drysdale
c/o Drysdale Jiu-Jitsu
1/1 Topps
26 days

deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

Well I brought cards with me to Chicago just in case I had the chance(s) to get some graphing in.
I didn’t prep any cards & didn’t have them arranged in any way… just literally a stack of cards in 1 of those tall clear, lift-off top GEM cases.
BUT I did have a few cards in my pocket with a blue Sharpie just in case I saw Barao & Gomi; the only 2 guys I wanted for my collection.
Plans for me & my wife going to this event seemed jinxed right after we bought the tickets.
Found out my son had his last game of the season at Miller Park here in Milwaukee, WI. So getting to the event early Friday & graphing after the weigh-ins (which is standard for me) was out.
We got down to this event (after stopping at 4-5 outlet stores on the way down) at around 12:30-1PM Saturday.
I drop my wife off at the Hard Rock & I go park… which is an event in itself. We purchased overnight parking via SpotHero online but still an old iPhone 4 & its map app sucks in downtown Chi.
It took more thinking than I needed at the time but I was able to find the parking & headed to the hotel to reunite with the Mrs.
It’s about a 3 block walk to the hotel & half way there walking toward me was Barao & Co.
Yeah man, I stepped to the side by a planter on the sidewalk, rearranged things in my arms, and reached down into my pocket for the 2013 Topps Knockout card & my marker.
Good to go just as he’s passing me so I had to follow him for a few steps & eventually he stopped & turned around.
He signed without a word & passed my card back to me then turned into Noodles & Co.; and with a sincere thanks I was back on my way.
About an hour later I was getting a beverage at the bar with old MMAG & Twitter pals when I saw he was coming back into the hotel.
Thankfully Hard Rock elevators take a few minutes to arrive (hands down slowest elevators I’ve ever seen).
With that delay we all slowly made our way from the bar back into the lobby & Renan was still there.
I put down my bottle & reached back down into my pocket for my 2014 Topps Knockout card & blue Sharpie. I approached him again & asked for 1 more signature; it was a repeat of the 1st time ;)
The other guys were able to get their IP photo opps done & that was it, and that was the end of my graphing for this event.
Besides needing Gomi for my set & a few for my friends I wanted to get Barao on a couple Topps so I am happy; esp since I was graphing on fight day which I normally wouldn’t until after their fights.
Gomi refused everyone Friday & before his fight Saturday. Some got some figures done somehow on Friday but then Gomi was done.
I heard he signed after the fight back at the hotel – and that’s when we were out celebrating with Koch, Silvia (yep LOL), Camous, Tate, Caraway, Saunders, Lawlor, Bravo, & friends.
Got some great pics with Lytle & Cowboy at the Hard Rock when get back from the after parties.
The Lytle photo opp was 4 yrs overdue. I was too timid to ask for a photo back in 2011. He was my 1st IP graphing success & I didn’t want bother him for a photo after he signed my 3 Topps.
And I got the classic finger pistols photo opp with Cowboy.
Not my ideal UFC trip but it was good enough; AND HOW ABOUT TJ KILLASHAW!!!
deeakay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by deeakay »

MOJO Monday Machida Mailday!

Lyoto Machida
c/o Black House MMA (w/HELP!)
8/8 Topps (the "VICTORY" insert card was sent for a friend)
11 days
I sent the blue Sharpie

Here is part of my correspondance that made me go BIG & get all I could signed & I also gave them 15 cards to keep as a "Thank You":
"Hi David, Lyoto said he doesn't receive this cards, because most of guys take the sign and sell it.
But I asked him to sign for you some cards and he said yes..."