What to send if no pictures?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
MaestroJay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What to send if no pictures?

Post by MaestroJay »

I am new to this.I don't have photos and I don't have a strong need for photos to be sent back.What should i send for them to sign?Just a piece of paper? nothing and leave it up to them?
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What to send if no pictures?

Post by fromuk2014 »

Send a lor and you might be lucky if they send you something back, it could be a print though, you could send an index card, that's about as basic as you can get.
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

Send whatever you want signed.

You don't want photos, so what do you want?
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
MaestroJay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MaestroJay »

WaltG123 wrote:Send whatever you want signed.

Our street has a slotbox down the street not a mail box at house.Signed picture wouldn't fit short of getting bent.So I'm trying to come up with a simple alternative to avoid any return being damaged from being too big to fit properly.As i have a postal worker who fails at what shape fits in what box.
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

MaestroJay wrote:

Our street has a slotbox down the street not a mail box at house.Signed picture wouldn't fit short of getting bent.So I'm trying to come up with a simple alternative to avoid any return being damaged from being too big to fit properly.As i have a postal worker who fails at what shape fits in what box.
Pictures come in multiple sizes. There are many who prefer 4x6s to 8x10s.

There are also those who collect signed index cards, signed business cards, signed baseballs (even from non-players; they're easy to acquire & display).

Like I said, it depends on what you want signed.

Judging by your description, I'm assuming you live in a fairly small town. A friend of mine in a town like that had a similar problem with the PO shoving everything into the box--"do not bend" or not. So she called her postmaster & explained, and every large envelope she gets now (regardless of whether it actually is indicated) is treated like a package. She gets her packages delivered to her porch--I don't know if you get that or if you have to pick them up, but, either way, that is an option.

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
MaestroJay
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MaestroJay »

WaltG123 wrote:
MaestroJay wrote:

Pictures come in multiple sizes. There are many who prefer 4x6s to 8x10s.

There are also those who collect signed index cards, signed business cards, signed baseballs (even from non-players; they're easy to acquire & display).

Like I said, it depends on what you want signed.

Judging by your description, I'm assuming you live in a fairly small town. A friend of mine in a town like that had a similar problem with the PO shoving everything into the box--"do not bend" or not. So she called her postmaster & explained, and every large envelope she gets now (regardless of whether it actually is indicated) is treated like a package. She gets her packages delivered to her porch--I don't know if you get that or if you have to pick them up, but, either way, that is an option.
I live in a state capital city.However it's a housing community so we have slot boxes rather than boxes at the house.It's small enough that netflix envelopes get bent.May just do index cards or something like that.As i don't have a wall i can put stuff on.
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

MaestroJay wrote:As i don't have a wall i can put stuff on.
You shouldn't be putting them on a wall anyway.

What's with the recent trend of people who want to destroy their autographs?

Anyway, have you even tried talking to the PO?

WaltG123 wrote:

Padfoot
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Padfoot »

WaltG123 wrote:
MaestroJay wrote:As i don't have a wall i can put stuff on.
You shouldn't be putting them on a wall anyway.

What's with the recent trend of people who want to destroy their autographs?

Anyway, have you even tried talking to the PO?
Putting them on the wall doesn't necessarily ruin your autographs, it depends on how you do it and where you place them (direct sunlight is a bad idea.) a brief research is recommended if you choose frame them.

You can always send a smaller picture, I prefer mine 6x4, perhaps you can't put them on the wall now, but what about in the future? :) A piece of cardboard or something a bit stronger can be used to stop pictures from being bent.
Streams flow in a hurry, No rest or worry.