Dick Van Dyke REAL Success!!!

Moderators' Forum.
Emmaness
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Dick Van Dyke REAL Success!!!

Post by Emmaness »

fromuk2014 wrote:Well, that is a shame, but I still think this place could rise from the ashes and become better maintained once again, there's not really a reason why everyone can't start over and make it a better place and so I'm still hopeful, even if its empty hope.

Admin, why not share the strain and let somebody else help around here, members might begin to stick around more often.
One thing for sure is we don't want this Walt guy as a mod. Lol. with his ignorant rude attitude to people on here. He just seems to want to argue and pick fault constantly with people's posts. He is obvious very bitter and bored with his life which is a shame.
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

fromuk2014 wrote:Well, that is a shame, but I still think this place could rise from the ashes and become better maintained once again, there's not really a reason why everyone can't start over and make it a better place and so I'm still hopeful, even if its empty hope.

Admin, why not share the strain and let somebody else help around here, members might begin to stick around more often.
The problem now is that the respectable members are almost all gone, replaced by super mature people like the lovely person who posted above who believe that off topic ad hominems make for appropriate conversation.

Is it possible that the site could rise from the ashes? Yes.

Will it? No.

The site is too much for work for one person, but admin decided that's how he wants it to be. As such, it's been overrun by trolls, spammers, and people who are too immature to know the difference between "authentic" & "fake, "intended" & "perceived", and "curt" & "rude".

With that, its view in the mainstream collecting community has plummeted, thus driving away potential good members and attracting more of the above. It's a vicious cycle, & one that I don't see breaking anytime soon--even with new management.

At this point, the site is what it is & you have to take it as such. If you keep trying to make it better, it won't be long before you're as beloved as I am. :lol:

ETA:

PS If you actually look at all my posts, you'll see that, while curt, I actually help those who made an effort to help themselves prior to asking their question.

The problem is that most of the questions asked here have already been answered a million times & the answers are easy to locate. The other problem is that people choose, for whatever reason (maturity?), to read an attitude into my posts that isn't there.
WaltG123 != WaltG123. & WaltG123,

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

Not to mention the grammatical mistakes.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
thomasmossy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by thomasmossy »

What is even going on now Dicks? :D
He got a reply from him, whether it is authentic or fake is here nor there - he is happy. If you want to squabble, there is a nursery round the corner from me, why don't you try it out? ;-)
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

thomasmossy wrote:He got a reply from him, whether it is authentic or fake is here nor there - he is happy.
No, he didn't.

But your inability to comprehend what's going on or follow the conversation does prove my point, so thanks for that!

(PS Welcome to my ignore list.)

There's a difference between blue text & a URL, ****. Those who can't read will be added to my ignore list.

WaltG123 wrote:
WaltG123. wrote:Actually it's just occurred to me. Nobody but her will know why she's signed it twice so please ignore my silly question. :oops:

Awww, how cute. Someone who thinks that people will be dumb enough to believe that they're me, despite the blatant period & completely different post numbers.

And, of course, the obvious fact that if, if it were me, I would've edited the post, not replied to it. Not to mention it's not necessarily true that "nobody but her will know why she signed it twice" & I'm smart enough to know that.

But, please, carry on. You can help me find more people to add to my ignore list. I don't need to be bothered reading posts by users that are stupid enough to believe that these 2 accounts are the same. I appreciate the help in weeding out the ****. So thank you. :D
thomasmossy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by thomasmossy »

He didn't what? :(
No I ain't followed the entire conversation, I have got better things to do with my time - such as doing interesting stuff than arguing with other idiots on forums - he is happy, why can't you leave him to it and stop being petty :shock: ?

And, I do not care as I have never heard of you and by the sounds of it, don't want to {up}
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fromuk2014 »

The thing is, Thomas, the original poster is a troll account so in this instance the original Walt is in the right and the original poster only posted to provoke an argument on authenticity knowing full well it would.

Whilst I understand you may have better things to do, it wouldn't take more than 60 seconds to read in to the situation caused by the fake Walt.

Personally I think lots of older members rejoin knowing nothing will be done and knowing exactly what to say to get under peoples skin.
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

fromuk2014 wrote:Personally I think lots of older members rejoin knowing nothing will be done and knowing exactly what to say to get under peoples skin.
You seem reasonable, so I'll tell you that, if that is what you think with regard to me, then you haven't actually read through my posts.
WaltG123 wrote:PS If you actually look at all my posts, you'll see that, while curt, I actually help those who made an effort to help themselves prior to asking their question.

The problem is that most of the questions asked here have already been answered a million times & the answers are easy to locate. The other problem is that people choose, for whatever reason (maturity?), to read an attitude into my posts that isn't there.
I will also tell you the one thing that admin has always banned for, even back in the day (it's how we got our first disgruntled mods), was speaking against admin. Again, you can find the proof in the mod forum.

So if that was why I was here, I wouldn't have said the things I did say to you. Or, again, posted any helpful information at all.

WaltG123 wrote:

Robinmiller
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Robinmiller »

WaltG123 wrote:
fromuk2014 wrote:Personally I think lots of older members rejoin knowing nothing will be done and knowing exactly what to say to get under peoples skin.
You seem reasonable, so I'll tell you that, if that is what you think with regard to me, then you haven't actually read through my posts.
WaltG123 wrote:PS If you actually look at all my posts, you'll see that, while curt, I actually help those who made an effort to help themselves prior to asking their question.

I will also tell you the one thing that admin has always banned for, even back in the day (it's how we got our first disgruntled mods), was speaking against admin. Again, you can find the proof in the mod forum.

So if that was why I was here, I wouldn't have said the things I did say to you. Or, again, posted any helpful information at all.

Fromuk2014. I don't think you have read many of walts posts have you? You obviously have no idea what your talking about here.
Like Walt says....
You need to check his posts on his profile page mate and you will see how his mind REALLY works. {up}

Good luck mate.
fromuk2014
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fromuk2014 »

The skin comment was not aimed at Walt, mainly at spammers, trolls, the likes of whoever created this thread, does that make better sense now?

I'm completely aware that Walt is stern but fair, most of the time - and not a troll.

I can see how that could have been taken to look as though I had not read your responses but I think it was misunderstood.
WaltG123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WaltG123 »

Robinmiller wrote: Fromuk2014. I don't think you have read many of walts posts have you? You obviously have no idea what your talking about here.
Like Walt says....
You need to check his posts on his profile page mate and you will see how his mind REALLY works. {up}

Good luck mate.
Woah, woah, woah...

We don't know if they were referring to me or people like "new Walt". It's why I added the qualifier "with regard to me". It's quite possible that they're instead referring to the people on this board who only cause trouble, like the "similar account" people or "Zen", knowing they can get away with it.

If they are referring to me, well, I said my piece twice on that.

I appreciate your (what I'm going to assume is) defense, but let's not jump down someone's throat over a vague comment that could've been made about a number of people, possibly including or excluding me.

ETA: See, all just a misunderstanding.

WaltG123 wrote: