Would you sign autographs if you became a celebrity?

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
sagat
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Would you sign autographs if you became a celebrity?

Post by sagat »

Would you sign autographs for your fans? bearing in mind that before your rise to fame you were just the average autograph collector. If i ever became famous, i would dedicate some time to hand sign autos. Of course all autos will be sent to my office or agent (hey you gotta be safe). I would also have a dedicated email address for those wanting fast autos.
chewytoffee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chewytoffee »

What an interesting question! Here's my answer:

I definately would!

If something that takes me less than a minute to do (i.e sign my name) makes a fan happy for the rest of the year, then that's great.

Even if I received 100s of requests every month, I'd still personalise everything that I sign.

Paul :D

The Police Reunion Tour
16th October MEN Arena

UPDATED: 22/05/07
Dallas
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dallas »

For those people who write and didnt say anything about me or my work I would send pre prints because they might just be trying to expand their collection but for those who I believe are true fans, Yes I would sign and personalize!!!
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Would you sign autographs if you became a celebrity?

Post by TheCollector »

sagat wrote:Would you sign autographs for your fans? bearing in mind that before your rise to fame you were just the average autograph collector. If i ever became famous, i would dedicate some time to hand sign autos. Of course all autos will be sent to my office or agent (hey you gotta be safe). I would also have a dedicated email address for those wanting fast autos.
Hi sagat {up}

Sounds like you have got it all planned :D

I think you would be going about it in the right way, but I just hope you get a generous agent (to pay for all your postage!!!)

Ian :mrgreen:
Irantzu

Post by Irantzu »

Definetly Yes!! I like when artists personalised, sign photos and send them to me! If I were a famous actress I'd answer to all my fans. Even if I recieved lots and lots of letters every month. I'd like to 'use' some of my free time every day signing autographs and aswering fans questions.
Sorry for my English!!
http://www.iramar.ya.st ..::Marta&Irantzu autographs!::..Spanish & English Version!
http://www.flora-cross.3a2.com .::. Flora Cross- Official Site!

HOLLY M COMBS always *Dakota Fanning*
- Real: 25 - Personalized: 48 - PP, AP, SFM: 17; Total: 91
Last successes: Dakota Fanning!!!!!! ^^(my 1st succes from her)
kaz

Post by kaz »

yep i would too
WeeMan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WeeMan »

HELL YEAH!!

I would always remember my happiness when I were given an autograph... And for every fan I would sign, celebs would mean nothing without their loyal fans.
Over 2000 successes!
And about a half for the charity too! :)
F.A.D.E

Post by F.A.D.E »

I would sign all real autographs. Not saying I would over burden myself. Even if that means a very long waiting time.

Fatima xxx
lutherjw

Post by lutherjw »

Hey,

A while back before I read this I actually considered this. I came to the following conclusion that I would think of if I ever was a celebrity:

Without my fans I would be nowhere where I am now. They have gone out and bought things that I have created and given me money to live by. The least thing I could do for them would be to sign a few autographs.

What made me think of this, you ask? Well, a few years ago I was at a Star Trek convention and William Shatner told all of his fans to get a life. :lol: I found this ironic because without his fans, he wouldn't have a life.

Joel 8)
Mighty_Modders
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mighty_Modders »

course i would, if someone went to the trouble to write to me its only polite to write back :lol: could do it whilst watching the tv or something...plus its gotta be a good ego boost :lol:

would need a good source of pens though...