Colorizations I Have Done Myself... *COMMENTS WANTED*

Discussion of current events and participation in intelligent conversation with other Fanmail.biz users.
New Fanmail.biz Users: Introduce Yourself Here! 8)
usernamegoeshere
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Colorizations I Have Done Myself... *COMMENTS WANTED*

Post by usernamegoeshere »

Not expecting this to get any views or comments, but I'll post anyway. Comments, critiques and/or tips are wanted and appreciated!

I'm a Graphic Design major at university and this is something I have been doing in my spare time and self-teaching myself to do. Since about January I've been working on colorizing photos and turning black and white photos into lifelike color photos on Photoshop CS6. I know I still need to practice but I think I'm getting better and better. If I get insanely good, I'll probably start charging. But until then...

Here is just a few pieces I've done. The Bettie Page one is a lot older than the other three pieces (you can tell as some of the colors are missing and/or out of place like in her shirt). To see more, you can check out my deviantART (CLICK ME!!). I'll try to post a few more later when I have a more stable Internet connection.

Bettie Page

Leonard Whiting

Marilyn Monroe

Michael Sarrazin and Jacqueline Bisset
usernamegoeshere
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Colorizations I Have Done Myself... *COMMENTS WANTED*

Here's my favorite I've done so far.

Lana Turner
zach8270
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by zach8270 »

Those are really good. The Lana Turner one especially. {up}
usernamegoeshere
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

zach8270 wrote:Those are really good. The Lana Turner one especially. {up}
Thank you so much for looking (and for the comment)!! :mrgreen:
zach8270

Post by zach8270 »

I hope you keep posting more that you do. Makes me wish that I had any sort of artistic talent. :lol:
usernamegoeshere
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

zach8270 wrote:I hope you keep posting more that you do. Makes me wish that I had any sort of artistic talent. :lol:
Thank you so much! I'll try to! Hopefully more people will comment and watch! :)

And I just started on January; I found a free version of Photoshop CS6 and I found some tutorials on YouTube. It was something I wanted to learn how to do (and not something I was going to learn in my class). It's kind of easy once you get used to it (simply add layers to the image, try out some colors on each layer and different blending modes, like "soft light" or "overlay").

It does take a lot of experimenting on the colors though to get the right skin or hair tone (I still can't get bricks or trees right for anything, so I still need practice!) :lol:

Thanks again! :)
zach8270

Post by zach8270 »

I've always been fascinated by it in all mediums, especially when they colorize old movies and documentaries. It just makes everything look brand new to see it outside of black and white. Keep at it and I'll be continuing to look for more of your work. :)