Crosby, Stills, and Nash VV Success!!!

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
SeanKelly334
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Crosby, Stills, and Nash VV Success!!!

Post by SeanKelly334 »

I sent a LOR, 8x10, and SASE to Crosby, Stills, and Nash on March 11th VV at a theatre in NYC where on May 3rd they would be perfoming. On May 13th, I got my envelope back, and a different photo signed by all three!! I can tell the autographs are authentic, and there are silver marker marks on the back of my envelope. I am so thrilled with this success! I couldn't find any other successes on the site so I thought I would never get anything back. Thanks!

Envelope: https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/705/csnenvelope.jpg
Auto: https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/577/csnauto.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Re: Crosby, Stills, and Nash VV Success!!!

Post by admin »

Hi SeanKelly334 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)
SeanKelly334
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by SeanKelly334 »

Forgot to mention that when my envelope was returned, the return address stamp was from Tampa, FL. I had sent my letter to New York, so I found that odd. Could it be that it got there early so the venue forwarded it to a permanent fan mail address? Thanks!
mwmiller
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mwmiller »

It could be that was the next stop on their tour. Not uncommon for entertainers to mail things on the road.
annavirginia1976
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by annavirginia1976 »

Hey SeanKelly334,

Did that really work?
What should I send?

I was thinking of sending my actually LPs, either the self titled one or "Deja Vu" to their venue in Charleston, SC but I am not sure; I know Crosby said recently that he doesn't sign autographs anymore and I respect that, but my thing is to have Stephen and Graham do it in the 2014 Box Set "Carry On" but I cant send that, or can I?

where can I find photos or posters? what about my shirt from the 1994 tour? Will that be good enough to send or too tacky?

I really want this accomplished so I can treasure it forever, so good advice will be awesome. Thanks.
autographhound57
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autographhound57 »

annavirginia1976 wrote:Hey SeanKelly334,

Did that really work?
What should I send?

I was thinking of sending my actually LPs, either the self titled one or "Deja Vu" to their venue in Charleston, SC but I am not sure; I know Crosby said recently that he doesn't sign autographs anymore and I respect that, but my thing is to have Stephen and Graham do it in the 2014 Box Set "Carry On" but I cant send that, or can I?

where can I find photos or posters? what about my shirt from the 1994 tour? Will that be good enough to send or too tacky?

I really want this accomplished so I can treasure it forever, so good advice will be awesome. Thanks.
Some advice: never mail out anything that you'd be upset about losing. Just because someone else got something back doesn't mean you will. Sending a mass-produced (and not a valuable) LP might not be that bad of an idea, because if they don't send it back, there are still thousands of the same ones you could buy on eBay to replace it. I've mailed those out before and have had a decent success with getting them back. The only difficult thing about them is buying big enough envelopes. Remember, whenever you mail something out to be signed, you need to include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) with your request (If you don't know what that is, it's just an envelope with your address on it that has the appropriate amount of postage on it. That way the musicians could simply sign it, slip it in an envelope, and stick it in a mailbox). Since LPs are so big, you might have to wrap it in paper instead of using an envelope for your request, and have an appropriate sized envelope inside the paper with your letter. Whenever I send an LP, I always put a sticky note on it which says "Please sign it To Tommy (my name)" on it. LPs are worth a decent amount signed, so you requesting your name to be written on it ensures that you're not a dealer.

While sending LPs generally works when sending to regular addresses, I wouldn't do it when mailing to a venue. This is because the envelope is so big that it probably won't fit into an actual mailbox. They'd have to drop it off at a post office, and they might not feel like doing that. And so, they might not send back to you at all. My advice would be to mail an item no bigger than 11 x 14. It doesn't matter what it is - a photo, CD cover, t-shirt (if you don't care that you might lose it), ticket stub, program, whatever...but ALWAYS REMEMBER to include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request. Best of luck.
Thanks -Lil1- for the siggy!