How to send s.a.s.e from Uk to USA successfully

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
x.ames.x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How to send s.a.s.e from Uk to USA successfully

Post by x.ames.x »

Hi i want to request an autograph from a celebrity in the USA how do I send a s.a.s.e successfully. Someone please help :)
P
In person successes: Ashley Taylor-Dawson, Alan Halsall, Ralf Little, Chris Fountain

Autograph successes:Julie Andrews, Helen Mirren, Rita Morenox2,Betty Whitex2, Whoopi Goldbergx2, Angela Lansburyx2, Doris Day, Debbie Reynoldsx3,Dame Judi Denchx2, Carol Burnettx6, Christopher Plummerx2,Sophia Loren, Colin Firthx2, Gene Wilderx3, Priscilla Presleyx2, Charles Dancex2, John Hurtx2, Geoff Hurstx2, Tony Bennettx2, Doris Day, David Tennant, Noel Edmonds, Amir Khan
bot515151
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How to send s.a.s.e from Uk to USA successfully

Post by bot515151 »

i send a photo (usually taken from a google 'large' image search and printed by a company like snapfish),
covering letter,
and us stamped addressed envelope.

my method to get us stamps in the uk, is to buy 'global forever' stamps from ebay.co.uk and then check on usps website for value needed for the envelope required.

(it depends on weight too but, I've found it is often 1 stamp for a letter sized envelope, 2 stamps for a large envelope and 3 stamps for large heavy envelope etc.)

there is no expiry date on global forever stamps if the price of stamps increases
(in much the same way that uk 1st class stamps dont expire)
x.ames.x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x.ames.x »

Thanks for your help
bot515151

Can I just ask do I put the global forever stamps on both envelopes or just the return envelope?
Thanks again
In person successes: Ashley Taylor-Dawson, Alan Halsall, Ralf Little, Chris Fountain

Autograph successes:Julie Andrews, Helen Mirren, Rita Morenox2,Betty Whitex2, Whoopi Goldbergx2, Angela Lansburyx2, Doris Day, Debbie Reynoldsx3,Dame Judi Denchx2, Carol Burnettx6, Christopher Plummerx2,Sophia Loren, Colin Firthx2, Gene Wilderx3, Priscilla Presleyx2, Charles Dancex2, John Hurtx2, Geoff Hurstx2, Tony Bennettx2, Doris Day, David Tennant, Noel Edmonds, Amir Khan
bot515151
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bot515151 »

the external envelope (with the celebrities address on) will require uk postage, so just take it to the post office.

the cost of postage to the us will also depend on size and (exact) weight of envelope.
x.ames.x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x.ames.x »

Thanks very much for your help bot515151 I will give it a go :)

Mummyofadozen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mummyofadozen »

I have successfully exchanged £'s to $'s and added them to the envelope instead of buying stamps :) Usually about $3 covers an A4 envelope with three pictures :)
bot515151
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bot515151 »

it is also worth pointing out that a some american celebs don't sign their own autographs and use a secretary (sec) ie. dick van dyke, doris day etc. and also some celebs use machine signed autopen (AP), ie' Jim caviezel, hugh jackman etc.

there is a great thread about it here...
http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 6&t=218155