Preserving signed vinyl records

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
sex_is_not_the_enemy
$10 gift certificate winner

Preserving signed vinyl records

Post by sex_is_not_the_enemy »

So I recently obtained a signature on one of my vinyl records (on the outer jacket), and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on how to preserve it?

I have heard mixed responses with using PVC sleeves. Has anyone used these? How do you store your signed vinyls?

Any comments appreciated {up}
Homer_S

Re: Preserving signed vinyl records

Post by Homer_S »

I use the PVC sleeves! And i´m very contendent with.. {up}
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

Ummm frame it lol
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

Last edited by MW1221 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

MW1221 wrote:...framing for preservation is one of the most costly things you can do.
Not for me it's not.... An art store (that is all over the US) has authentic 12x12 LP frames for $5 each. Perfect and VERY do-able. :D
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

MW1221 wrote: Maybe you missed the words "for preservation".

That means acid free materials, cotton matting, and UV coated glass, not to even get into the requirements about where to hang it.

The UV glass alone will cost you $20-$30, not to mention the amount of acids in those usually wood composite frames.

You can frame for display in anything, but if you're framing with the ultimate goal of preservation, $5 isn't anywhere near enough.
Just because it's $5 that doesn't mean a thing. I don't need to spend 100's of $$ to preserve items that I love. And I don't think I said anything about them being "wood"," so you are assuming they are wood which is fine. But you go on these rants about things you are assuming about. You don't know a thing about the frames I have and what glass is used. So if you wanna assume you know what I bought, that's fine. But you are wrong. {up}
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

MW1221 wrote: I very clearly said that I assumed they were wood. Most $5 frames are a wood composite.

But I'm telling you right now that if you only paid $5 each, then the frames do not have UV glass in them. You can't buy a 12x12" square of UV glass at cost for $5, let alone get it with a $5 frame. And no store will take that much of a loss by putting UV glass into a $5 frame for no cost.

If you want to call those that a rant, go ahead. But I know framing very well.
Well mine aren't wood. & you're wrong, but, whatever ya say.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

Last edited by MW1221 on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.