Question about providing markers/pens

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
renef09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question about providing markers/pens

Post by renef09 »

Hello all, I am willing to send a poster to a celebrity, and being its background black, I thought that maybe enclosing a silver pen would be helpful. Do you think this is necessary? Or can I just send it like that? Thanks.
Collector from Asunción, Paraguay TTM: J. Williams, E. Morricone, F. Beckenbauer, J. Dench, O. Pistorius x 2, L. Matthäus, R. Völler, O. Kahn, H. Ford PP, G. Müller, Steppenwolf, B. Borg, I. McKellen, M. Hamill, F. Rossi, R. Parfitt, G. Scarfe, G. Slick, R. Federer, J. Guldberg, T. Stahl, P. Collins, R. Ballard, P. Withers, J. Illsley, G. Martin, H. Lewis, J. Bulloch, F. Pienaar, P. Coelho, G. Sinise, S. Maier, J. Carter, L. Marini, P. Breitner, R. Stewart, B. Bardot, D. Zoff, T. Burgnich, J.E. Jones, K. Baker, J. Zanetti, M. Gorbachev, R. Bonhof, S. Thorgerson, R. Daltrey, U. Eco, W. Samuel, Sting, J. Cocker, T. Ravelli, H. Shore, J. Hurt, R. Baggio, H. Mirren, K. Spacey, K. Moss, R. Kopa, P. ?ech, J. Fontaine, R. Duvall, S. Loren, A. Ferguson, R. Astley, S. Moss, J. Reno, B. Nighy, R. Scott, M. van Basten, J. Cruyff, J. Voight, B. May, A. Moore, B. Gibb, A. Arkin, R. Plant, J. McEnroe, Roxette, Heart, B. Andersson, M. Platini, Figo, Rivellino, Pelé IP: A. Parsons, V. Mortensen
Moviefan2k4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question about providing markers/pens

Post by Moviefan2k4 »

My experiences in person have shown me that many celebs don't pay close attention to the color of what they're signing. I wouldn't expect it to be much different through the mail, so including a marker with instructions to return it wouldn't be a bad idea. Another option would be requesting their signature in a specific color, when you write your request letter.
renef09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by renef09 »

Moviefan2k4 wrote:My experiences in person have shown me that many celebs don't pay close attention to the color of what they're signing. I wouldn't expect it to be much different through the mail, so including a marker with instructions to return it wouldn't be a bad idea. Another option would be requesting their signature in a specific color, when you write your request letter.
Hey, thanks for your reply. Yes, you're right, but would they sign with black on black? I might request a specific color, but what if they don't have that pen? Not that I'm going to ask gold or anything impossible to get, but I am worried about the fact that the background is black, and I don't know if this celebrity will have a silver pen (footballer).

Do you think it's not rude to send a silver pen? I would explain its purpose in my letter, of course.
Collector from Asunción, Paraguay TTM: J. Williams, E. Morricone, F. Beckenbauer, J. Dench, O. Pistorius x 2, L. Matthäus, R. Völler, O. Kahn, H. Ford PP, G. Müller, Steppenwolf, B. Borg, I. McKellen, M. Hamill, F. Rossi, R. Parfitt, G. Scarfe, G. Slick, R. Federer, J. Guldberg, T. Stahl, P. Collins, R. Ballard, P. Withers, J. Illsley, G. Martin, H. Lewis, J. Bulloch, F. Pienaar, P. Coelho, G. Sinise, S. Maier, J. Carter, L. Marini, P. Breitner, R. Stewart, B. Bardot, D. Zoff, T. Burgnich, J.E. Jones, K. Baker, J. Zanetti, M. Gorbachev, R. Bonhof, S. Thorgerson, R. Daltrey, U. Eco, W. Samuel, Sting, J. Cocker, T. Ravelli, H. Shore, J. Hurt, R. Baggio, H. Mirren, K. Spacey, K. Moss, R. Kopa, P. ?ech, J. Fontaine, R. Duvall, S. Loren, A. Ferguson, R. Astley, S. Moss, J. Reno, B. Nighy, R. Scott, M. van Basten, J. Cruyff, J. Voight, B. May, A. Moore, B. Gibb, A. Arkin, R. Plant, J. McEnroe, Roxette, Heart, B. Andersson, M. Platini, Figo, Rivellino, Pelé IP: A. Parsons, V. Mortensen
Moviefan2k4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Moviefan2k4 »

renef09 wrote:Hey, thanks for your reply. Yes, you're right, but would they sign with black on black? I might request a specific color, but what if they don't have that pen? Not that I'm going to ask gold or anything impossible to get, but I am worried about the fact that the background is black, and I don't know if this celebrity will have a silver pen (footballer).

Do you think it's not rude to send a silver pen? I would explain its purpose in my letter, of course.
I wouldn't consider it rude at all. Just be polite with your wording, and ask them to return the pen with the signed autograph.
doyledee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by doyledee »

If your poster is a 20x30 you can put the pen the tube but if your sending it flat just trust the signer.
:roll: :lol: :)
Sent out: Norman Reedus, Iron E. Singleton
TTM: Sean Patrick Flanery, Michael C. Hall
IP: to many, check my website if u really want to know.
www.doyledee.weebly.com
Cast of Walking Dead, Hatchet, A lot of horror movies, GLEE, Holliston, premieres!