When is a good time to send VV?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
MiniOgueHolden
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

When is a good time to send VV?

Post by MiniOgueHolden »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on when is best to send VV? I am wanting to write to the Britain's Got Talent judges this year and have my letters ready already although it's about 2 months before they will be filming the finals. I really want to get the timing right and am wondering: Should I send so it will arrive when they're already there, or a bit before (and if so how long before?). Would appreciate some input.

Thanks

Rachel
Successes: Amanda Holden, Dannii Minogue, Kylie Minogue, Samantha Womack (4x Pictures, a thank you card and IP signed south pacific theatre programme), Torvill and Dean (DOI VV Photo and IP tour programme), Beth Tweddle (IP tour programme) Corrie Cast 50th Anniversary (PP), Jo Joyner (Eastenders), Miranda Hart, Jacqueline Wilson, Derren Brown, Dame Judi Dench, Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield, Stephen Mulhern, Emile Sande (PP) Suranne Jones, Sarah Hadland

Most Wanted: Elisabeth Sladen, Eastenders Cast, Britain's Got Talent Judges, Girls Aloud Members, Michael Mcintyre and Sarah Millican
magicmanplc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: When is a good time to send VV?

Post by magicmanplc »

What I do is that if it's a concert I time it out for it to be delivered on the day of the concert with Priority Mail. I always wait and send it when the band is in the same state as me so then I send Priority Mail and then it will be a 1 day delivery. But if it is a play in in NY that goes on for a long time at same venue I don't really have tips for that I just send it early as possible.
Please Visit My Website: http://patricksautographs.weebly.com/
MiniOgueHolden
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MiniOgueHolden »

Ahh Ok :) Thank you for your help, I've always read that timing was very important but never what sort of time period to write in (other than so it's going to be there before they've left obviously)
Successes: Amanda Holden, Dannii Minogue, Kylie Minogue, Samantha Womack (4x Pictures, a thank you card and IP signed south pacific theatre programme), Torvill and Dean (DOI VV Photo and IP tour programme), Beth Tweddle (IP tour programme) Corrie Cast 50th Anniversary (PP), Jo Joyner (Eastenders), Miranda Hart, Jacqueline Wilson, Derren Brown, Dame Judi Dench, Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield, Stephen Mulhern, Emile Sande (PP) Suranne Jones, Sarah Hadland

Most Wanted: Elisabeth Sladen, Eastenders Cast, Britain's Got Talent Judges, Girls Aloud Members, Michael Mcintyre and Sarah Millican
sonicsam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sonicsam »

It's mostly about luck. I've written to Benedict Cumberbatch a few times a it looks like he just grabs a few from on top of the pile the studio gives him. Depending on how it's sorted, he replied to the few earliest ones he got or the few last ones.

I wouldn't send it too early. It might get lost if they don't have staff from that show at the studio when they are not filming.