SPAM

Moderators' Forum.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

SPAM

Post by MW1221 »

Is Spam just prevalent in the General Discussion forum or is an idiot mod moving the spam from other forums down there?

I'm curious.
stillluckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: SPAM

Post by stillluckyas13canbe »

The very fact you can post this in this forum should answer your question. Admin moves stuff randomly, while a couple of Mods operate... two with common sense that I know of, and one who just likes to spout off despite having minimal posts. If you need any further clarification of how ridiculous it is, just look at the fact that Shaun is a Mod on here... one of many who was appointed by Admin for no reason other than they asked many years ago. There was a stage about five years ago that you could join the forum and be a Mod without making a post.
Things not to do, forget your autosaved password for a forum. Woops.

CHARITY AUCTIONS AHOY!!
http://one4themoney.wordpress.com
LOADS of awesome signed items up for auction :
)
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

stillluckyas13canbe wrote:The very fact you can post this in this forum should answer your question. Admin moves stuff randomly, while a couple of Mods operate... two with common sense that I know of, and one who just likes to spout off despite having minimal posts. If you need any further clarification of how ridiculous it is, just look at the fact that Shaun is a Mod on here... one of many who was appointed by Admin for no reason other than they asked many years ago. There was a stage about five years ago that you could join the forum and be a Mod without making a post.
I used to be a mod back in the good old days.

I got demoted for going too long without modding.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

stillluckyas13canbe wrote:The very fact you can post this in this forum should answer your question. Admin moves stuff randomly, while a couple of Mods operate... two with common sense that I know of, and one who just likes to spout off despite having minimal posts. If you need any further clarification of how ridiculous it is, just look at the fact that Shaun is a Mod on here... one of many who was appointed by Admin for no reason other than they asked many years ago. There was a stage about five years ago that you could join the forum and be a Mod without making a post.
Speaking of Shaun, I've been reading through this forum from back when it was Mods only:

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... 8&t=124876
stillluckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Indeed, it's a sad state of affairs. The lad either doesn't have the mental capacity to know what he's doing, or he doesn't care. I lean towards the former, but even then you'd think he might learn over time. He's always been like this, always will. I recall the multi account stuff, and even now I wonder sometimes if some of the trouble makers are him. Mind you, at least he doesn't post sexual bile like some others seem to think is cool.

Back then there were at least some Mods, but now... This very account is my second since I rejoined, because Admin banned me for objecting to abuse being thrown about. Now you have posters who literally break the law repeatedly in what they post and no one does anything.

CHARITY AUCTIONS AHOY!!
)
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

stillluckyas13canbe wrote:Indeed, it's a sad state of affairs. The lad either doesn't have the mental capacity to know what he's doing, or he doesn't care. I lean towards the former, but even then you'd think he might learn over time. He's always been like this, always will. I recall the multi account stuff, and even now I wonder sometimes if some of the trouble makers are him. Mind you, at least he doesn't post sexual bile like some others seem to think is cool.

Back then there were at least some Mods, but now... This very account is my second since I rejoined, because Admin banned me for objecting to abuse being thrown about. Now you have posters who literally break the law repeatedly in what they post and no one does anything.
I've pretty much quit caring about this site.

I still say that I feel like the admin account now isn't run by the same person as it was a few years back.

But whatever.

Read through this forum, if you haven't already. It's a fun look into the history of the forum and when it went to hell.
stillluckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Believe me I know... I was a Mod at one stage myself before being randomly removed. I joined just a wee bit before you did, and remember when it was decent. Shame, but hey... Star Tiger does the business, this forum is about a bit of sharing with some decent people and enjoying just how ignorant some people are.

Admin is the same, always has been. Same guy in Japan, all that has changed is he is less inclined to care about how it is run, essentially because no way can one person handle the size of this site.

CHARITY AUCTIONS AHOY!!
)
stillluckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

As a point of note... read Shaun's comments... "I don't like the comments made at me" and the claims he will stop multi sending to the same celeb. He certainly hasn't changed.

CHARITY AUCTIONS AHOY!!
)
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

stillluckyas13canbe wrote:As a point of note... read Shaun's comments... "I don't like the comments made at me" and the claims he will stop multi sending to the same celeb. He certainly hasn't changed.
That's not even my problem with the guy--my problem is the blatant "Fill In The Name" form letter.
stillluckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

yes, that is equally an issue in my eyes. i do think, based on his posting on here, he is capable of putting more into his letters

CHARITY AUCTIONS AHOY!!
)