Bill Cosby - Fail

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
ManlyMan66
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Bill Cosby - Fail

Post by ManlyMan66 »

Sent a Photo and SASE on 8/13/2012 and received the following on 12/05/13:

"Dear Fan,

Mr. Cosby appreciates his fans very much. However, at

this time, Mr. Cosby is not available to sign any memorabilia

that was sent to him. I am, therefore, returning your material

to you.

Sondra W. Pugh
Assistant to the Cosbys"

:(
kreecher
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Bill Cosby - Fail

Post by kreecher »

he needed 1 year and 4 months to tell you that? ;))
appreciates his fans - that's the word :'(
good luck next time, though!))
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

Shame that since he was spammed with tons of requests, he is not turning down mail.
This is gonna happen with everyone sooner or later.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi ManlyMan66 :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Bill Cosby on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
ChrisBrownsGirl21
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ChrisBrownsGirl21 »

Thanks to the greedy autograph sellers he decided not to sign anymore. He would be given stacks of items at a time to sign. Now he will only do pictures.
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

ChrisBrownsGirl21 wrote:Thanks to the greedy autograph sellers he decided not to sign anymore. He would be given stacks of items at a time to sign. Now he will only do pictures.
People who sell autographs do ruin it for us people who collect for ourselves, It sucks but nothing you can do about it. I don't think sellers actually do to much TTM stuff though because from my personal experience 99% of the autographs I have got TTm have been personalized to me which I like a lot but people looking to sell autographs don't want that because it makes the item very hard to sell for more than a few dollars when its personalized. Most sellers try to get the stuff in person where the celeb has no time to ask their name or personalize the item .
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

ChrisBrownsGirl21 wrote:Thanks to the greedy autograph sellers he decided not to sign anymore. He would be given stacks of items at a time to sign. Now he will only do pictures.
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
ChrisBrownsGirl21
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ChrisBrownsGirl21 »

johnnylightninglives wrote:
People who sell autographs do ruin it for us people who collect for ourselves, It **** but nothing you can do about it. I don't think sellers actually do to much TTM stuff though because from my personal experience 99% of the autographs I have got TTm have been personalized to me which I like a lot but people looking to sell autographs don't want that because it makes the item very hard to sell for more than a few dollars when its personalized. Most sellers try to get the stuff in person where the celeb has no time to ask their name or personalize the item .
Yeah thats what he said online that while he was touring there would be like 5 people waiting outside the venue so he would tell a guard to collect their items and he would sign them in his dressing room and when he got their there was like 50 items there for him sign.
jason1980s
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jason1980s »

Here's a video of him stating the change:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57t2TUu_LVU

I think it's a pretty classy way he went about it. He explained his reason but cushioned the disappointment (if any) by doing photo ops and being pleasant and very approachable about it. The video's poster is obviously a dealer as he says he has previous autographs for sale.

TTM won't be much of a loss IMO as I'm pretty sure half TTM were secretarial (photos provided by his office) and half authentic (sent by fans).

Will be interesting to see how this progresses as he says he won't sign his books either. He has a lot that have been published and probably has more coming so I wonder about book signings as he's done them in the past.

I'm not quite sure all the big time stars who still are as active as Bill Cosby but there are some big names still around that are near impossible to even get near. Hopefully he will continue with this trend and be as approachable as he seems in the video.
HEY WRESTLING FANS!

Meet WWWF and NWA wrestling legends Handsome Jimmy the Boogie Woogie Man Valiant, a WWE Hall of Famer

ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!
Get your picture taken with Jimmy!
Enjoy his museum of wrestling memorabilia
Purchase a souvenir t-shirt, dvd or book or have a mask, pair of boots or trunks customized by Jimmy's talented seamstress wife, Angel
Watch his talented BWC students perform in-ring.

Thanks always, for your support Jimmy!
http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/
jermar79
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jermar79 »

I'm glad I got one from him many years ago. He explained it very nicely in the video above.