can i reuse my sase?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
luvdance123
$10 gift certificate winner

can i reuse my sase?

Post by luvdance123 »

So I had sent a lor and a sase to someone and I received a signed picture about two weeks later. But when I opened my sase I noticed that it was not sealed shut. ( I have the big yellow envelopes that you peel off the white paper then stick the flap down to close it) and it was just folded over with the white paper still on it AND the stamps did not have the post office mark (stamp showing that the stamps on my envelope had been used) thingie on it. So I am wondering if I can reuse my sase or if I have to peel off the old stamps and put new ones on. Any help will be great. Sorry this is kinda confusing because I can't explain things good.
evenstar5
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: can i reuse my sase?

Post by evenstar5 »

I know that people on here have mentioned that you aren't suppose to re-use stamps...even if it looks like there's no ink on it from the PO. Supposedly they have an invisible stamping process that it goes through? I don't know for sure - I don't work there. All I do know is that I personally know of a few people who have re-used the stamps from the SASE and have had success with them being returned from another celeb. So.....I guess you'll have to make thet judgement call for yourself! Sorry I couldn't have been more definitive in my answer. 8)
Most desired: Johnny Depp, Chris Pine.

**I'm also trying to obtain signatures from the leads for Lord of the Rings, the new Star Trek Enterprise crew, Battlestar Galactica & The Avengers! If anyone has any address that can lead me to successes, it would be fantastic if you passed them on!!** :D
mhammen
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mhammen »

It's not really a question of whether you can, because it would probably work. It is really a question of whether you should. You paid for a service (the delivery of your mail) and received what you paid for. By reusing the stamps, you are trying to get something without paying. You have to decide whether your integrity is worth more than cost of a few stamps. Will the post office go out of business if you reuse the stamps? Obviously not. Are you being an honest person?
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows!
luvdance123

Post by luvdance123 »

evenstar5 wrote:I know that people on here have mentioned that you aren't suppose to re-use stamps...even if it looks like there's no ink on it from the PO. Supposedly they have an invisible stamping process that it goes through? I don't know for sure - I don't work there. All I do know is that I personally know of a few people who have re-used the stamps from the SASE and have had success with them being returned from another celeb. So.....I guess you'll have to make thet judgement call for yourself! Sorry I couldn't have been more definitive in my answer. 8)
Thanks! That helps
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

It is their job to mark the stamps so when they don't it is probably a lazy postal worker so I say if the stamps are unmarked you should reuse them if possible. The government has no problem screwing you out of money every chance they get so I say if you can get a few cents back because they were not doing their job go for it... {up}
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

DO IT! (I do it too.)

Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
sonicsam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sonicsam »

johnnylightninglives wrote:It is their job to mark the stamps so when they don't it is probably a lazy postal worker so I say if the stamps are unmarked you should reuse them if possible. The government has no problem screwing you out of money every chance they get so I say if you can get a few cents back because they were not doing their job go for it... {up}
The US government doesn't pay towards the post office. All they do is make crazy regulations that make it impossible for them to break even as a business.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/consumera ... sabout.htm
stillluckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by stillluckyas13canbe »

Epic, only on fanmail would there be users stupid enough to both promote and encourage breaking the law, as well as admitting to doing it.

The poster who commented on the invisible aspect of tagging items is correct. Just because a stamp gets through without visible marking doesn't mean it has not been tagged. While it's unlikely you'll be hunted down over one, the point is it's both illegal and immoral. And you COULD get caught for it, or at least not receive your item back because of it. Seems a bit of a pointless risk.

And yes, enter the screeds of people "I've done it, I've got them back blah blah". Oh look there's a bus to go jump in front of ...
Things not to do, forget your autosaved password for a forum. Woops.

CHARITY AUCTIONS AHOY!!
http://one4themoney.wordpress.com
LOADS of awesome signed items up for auction :
)
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

stillluckyas13canbe wrote:the point is it's both illegal and immoral.
So is leaving the store with too much change and not returning it, but the only people that return it are elderly people...
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

stillluckyas13canbe wrote:Epic, only on fanmail would there be users stupid enough to both promote and encourage breaking the law, as well as admitting to doing it.

The poster who commented on the invisible aspect of tagging items is correct. Just because a stamp gets through without visible marking doesn't mean it has not been tagged. While it's unlikely you'll be hunted down over one, the point is it's both illegal and immoral. And you COULD get caught for it, or at least not receive your item back because of it. Seems a bit of a pointless risk.

And yes, enter the screeds of people "I've done it, I've got them back blah blah". Oh look there's a bus to go jump in front of ...
Make a mountain out of a molehill why don't you..this isn't exactly bank robbery suckhole haha Cant believe this post is still going, Concentrate on autographs and not postage I say and I stand by my past posts on this subject .... {up}This is right up there with going a few miles over the speed limit yes it is illegal but we all do it from time to time .... ;-)As for the so called invisible aspect of stamps either that is incorrect or once again the us postal workers are not doing their jobs lol Considering I got back a photo with reused us stamps in early 2013 lol :roll: 8)