Red schoendienst RTS

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
badleejeff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Red schoendienst RTS

Post by badleejeff »

Well this has apparantly been my week for RTS's! Received an RTS from mlb legend red schoendienst using this address:

Mr. Red Schoendienst
Address Removed

Any advice would be be greatly appreciated. My son and I really want him for our hall of fame collection!
Jeff Lees
...now I pray for a single kiss from her, to be lashed and crucified...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Red schoendienst RTS

Post by admin »

Hi badleejeff :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} and Sorry for your RTS :(

What is the reason for the RTS please?

Would you have a scan of the RTS envelope you received?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

This address should work :mrgreen: :

Red Schoendienst
National Baseball Hall of Fame
25 Main Street
Cooperstown, NY 13326
USA

{star} Red Schoendienst on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
badleejeff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by badleejeff »

There was no reason written on the envelope, just a big fat RTS in black marker. :( does the baseball hall of fame address actually work? I've sent to a few other hall of famers c/O the hall and haven't gotten any replies....
Jeff Lees
jason1980s
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jason1980s »

There aren't too many baseball hall of famers that sign and the ones that do can be contacted via home or p.o. box addresses. The hall of fame address does work but when not too many guys sign in the first place it will be tough for the address to have much success.

Red has been a RTS signer for years. Once in a rare while during the time he has given successes. I had a success with an 8x10 (occasionally he would open large envelopes but not anymore). Also had a success with sending his book and received nice, personal inscription. Doubt I could get that it opened now.

Via home address it is him writing the RTS but via HOF it's probably that he doesn't accept mail from them so a staff member stamps or writes it. Just a guess as I've never seen a HOF envelope for Red and ones that don't accept mail from HOF (Bob Gibson has been one) are automatic RTS without being forwarded.

As many of the good signers are getting old and ill, unable to sign and new, big autograph company contract guys are getting inducted, the number of HOFers that sign will be lower and lower. Football HOF has a number of good signers (really because there are so many inducted in the first place). The dynamic is changing there as well with older guys passing away or becoming ill and the newer guys being non-signers since playing days.
HEY WRESTLING FANS!

Meet WWWF and NWA wrestling legends Handsome Jimmy the Boogie Woogie Man Valiant, a WWE Hall of Famer

ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!
Get your picture taken with Jimmy!
Enjoy his museum of wrestling memorabilia
Purchase a souvenir t-shirt, dvd or book or have a mask, pair of boots or trunks customized by Jimmy's talented seamstress wife, Angel
Watch his talented BWC students perform in-ring.

Thanks always, for your support Jimmy!
http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/
badleejeff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by badleejeff »

Such a shame...it was such an amazing era for the sport and it's sad to see so many of the legends getting older and passing away. I can DEFINATELY understand why some of these older guys don't want to spend all of their time signing autographs, but I figured it was worth a shot! So you think maybe I just shouldn't waste my stamps?
Jeff Lees
jason1980s
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jason1980s »

I guess it comes down to whether you want something he signed for you or just an autograph in general. You can get real ones for cheap on ebay, probably even certified.

You can buy his book called "Red: A Baseball Life" and try sending it but if he RTS' then you are out the postage and mailer price. You'll get a good read though. I originally bought one off BN.com and it was a special signed edition with Red, Musial, Brock, Herzog and the author. I wanted a personal signed copy so I ordered another. Both cool though. Maybe if you do send a book write clear on the envelope that is what is enclosed. That may entice him.

You can try sending an envelope with HIS address in the sender part (as you would do an SASE) and hope that he does sign, rather than trash or return unsigned in your SASE. This has worked for me with a few rare signers. Not sure about Red though as he probably is done. With the older guys there's at least a slim chance even if they are difficult. With the newer guys, a staff member gets to your letter and sends a facsimile or a no signing letter.
HEY WRESTLING FANS!

Meet WWWF and NWA wrestling legends Handsome Jimmy the Boogie Woogie Man Valiant, a WWE Hall of Famer

ANY Sunday 12 noon to 4 PM at Boogie's Wrestling Camp located at
2916 Alleghany Springs Road in Shawsville Virginia. Free of charge!
Get your picture taken with Jimmy!
Enjoy his museum of wrestling memorabilia
Purchase a souvenir t-shirt, dvd or book or have a mask, pair of boots or trunks customized by Jimmy's talented seamstress wife, Angel
Watch his talented BWC students perform in-ring.

Thanks always, for your support Jimmy!
http://www.jimmyvaliant.weebly.com/
kml63116
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kml63116 »

He is doing a public signing in St. Louis in early December through the St. Louis sports collectors group. Signed ball for $35 which I believe includes the ball. I'm planning on doing that instead of trying to send to him at home and run the risk of a rts or worse. I had heard that he might sign if you mark donation included on the envelope and put his address on the to and from. But for $35 total at the mail order option at the show, it seems it is just cheaper to just go that way with it.
milbfan
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by milbfan »

Hi:
I just scanned the replied that you received and I did not see my answer:

Red signs through Tom Orr. This the only way to get Red other than a show. I personally have used his services and I got my stuffed signed.
Tom Orr has listings on signingshotline.com.

Tom's e-mail is orr23mj@yahoo.com

Red Schoendienst is now accepting autographs requests thru the mail at the below address. The autograph pricing is listed below as well. ALL ITEMS MUST HAVE THE PROPER SASE AND POSTAGE.

Cards......$20
Balls/Flats/Mini Helmets/Premiums......$25
Bats/Jerseys......$35
Inscriptions.....$15 each ( Limit 2 per item )

Items will be processed in the order they are received. Please allow 8-12 weeks for your order to be processed.

AtommicSports
c/o Tom Orr
5116 US Hwy 67
Beardstown, IL

ATTN: Red Schoendienst
CHIgrapher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by CHIgrapher »

The above info is spot on!

Tom Orr is legit!
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

CHIgrapher wrote:The above info is spot on!

Tom Orr is legit!
Agreed...pay the money and get the graph. Not everyone signs for free. I've done probably 10 signings through Tom Orr and all came out great!

Here is the one I recently got going through Tom Orr:

Also got the Brock and Gibson through him...most of the old St Louis old timers are going through him now instead of TTM.