2nd James Earl Jones fail

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
evenstar5
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

2nd James Earl Jones fail

Post by evenstar5 »

I mailed to James Earl Jones back in June and received a reply in July that he was too busy to sign, but they at least sent my photo back to me. Well, then I started seeing a bunch of people getting successes from his Pawling, NY address so I decided to try again. I send my 2nd request in August and just received the photo back....again.....with a note saying that he's too busy to sign.

I heard that he's actually doing a play or something in the U.K.....is that correct?? Also, could it be because I'm sending a photo of Darth Vader instead of a photo of James Earl Jones himself? I can't imagine that it would make a difference to him since he did do the voiceover, but maybe he's touchy about anything Star Wars (much like Harrison Ford).

Ahhhh oh well. At least they used my SASE to mail me back my photo. I wish more people did that even if they aren't going to bother to sign (photos can get expensive!). I may try a 3rd time, but for now I'm frustrated enough to just hold off for a bit.
Most desired: Johnny Depp, Chris Pine.

**I'm also trying to obtain signatures from the leads for Lord of the Rings, the new Star Trek Enterprise crew, Battlestar Galactica & The Avengers! If anyone has any address that can lead me to successes, it would be fantastic if you passed them on!!** :D
renef09
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: 2nd James Earl Jones fail

Post by renef09 »

evenstar5 wrote:I mailed to James Earl Jones back in June and received a reply in July that he was too busy to sign, but they at least sent my photo back to me. Well, then I started seeing a bunch of people getting successes from his Pawling, NY address so I decided to try again. I send my 2nd request in August and just received the photo back....again.....with a note saying that he's too busy to sign.

I heard that he's actually doing a play or something in the U.K.....is that correct?? Also, could it be because I'm sending a photo of Darth Vader instead of a photo of James Earl Jones himself? I can't imagine that it would make a difference to him since he did do the voiceover, but maybe he's touchy about anything Star Wars (much like Harrison Ford).

Ahhhh oh well. At least they used my SASE to mail me back my photo. I wish more people did that even if they aren't going to bother to sign (photos can get expensive!). I may try a 3rd time, but for now I'm frustrated enough to just hold off for a bit.
Well that's bad! :( I sent a letter to him in June 12th, and I haven't received a reply yet... And it was only a request, no photos sent! Still hoping that I'll get something back!
Collector from Asunción, Paraguay TTM: J. Williams, E. Morricone, F. Beckenbauer, J. Dench, O. Pistorius x 2, L. Matthäus, R. Völler, O. Kahn, H. Ford PP, G. Müller, Steppenwolf, B. Borg, I. McKellen, M. Hamill, F. Rossi, R. Parfitt, G. Scarfe, G. Slick, R. Federer, J. Guldberg, T. Stahl, P. Collins, R. Ballard, P. Withers, J. Illsley, G. Martin, H. Lewis, J. Bulloch, F. Pienaar, P. Coelho, G. Sinise, S. Maier, J. Carter, L. Marini, P. Breitner, R. Stewart, B. Bardot, D. Zoff, T. Burgnich, J.E. Jones, K. Baker, J. Zanetti, M. Gorbachev, R. Bonhof, S. Thorgerson, R. Daltrey, U. Eco, W. Samuel, Sting, J. Cocker, T. Ravelli, H. Shore, J. Hurt, R. Baggio, H. Mirren, K. Spacey, K. Moss, R. Kopa, P. ?ech, J. Fontaine, R. Duvall, S. Loren, A. Ferguson, R. Astley, S. Moss, J. Reno, B. Nighy, R. Scott, M. van Basten, J. Cruyff, J. Voight, B. May, A. Moore, B. Gibb, A. Arkin, R. Plant, J. McEnroe, Roxette, Heart, B. Andersson, M. Platini, Figo, Rivellino, Pelé IP: A. Parsons, V. Mortensen
C1RQU1T
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by C1RQU1T »

Naww that sucks :( i sent to him last year haven't heard back {down}
Favourite In-Person - Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, Seal, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin
Favourite TTM/VV - Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, lil Wayne (jail)
Favourite Celebrity Moment - Met Nicki Minaj at Sydney Entertainment Centre she held my hand and said " F#ck the haters babe Just remember your haters are your motivators" <3
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Ive got him to sign Darth Vader/Star Wars. He usually signs anything from any movie he has done. And yes, he has just started Theatre in London and he is there till 30th November.
Uncle Sam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Uncle Sam »

I would wait and send around early December when he's done, he signs anything when he has
time.
Uncle Sam
evenstar5
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by evenstar5 »

mymymy wrote:Ive got him to sign Darth Vader/Star Wars. He usually signs anything from any movie he has done. And yes, he has just started Theatre in London and he is there till 30th November.
Thanks! I'm going to try him 1 more time and send to this venue. If I don't get him this time, I give up. I would love to add him to my collection, but it's just not worth the postage to continually send to him. :?
Most desired: Johnny Depp, Chris Pine.

**I'm also trying to obtain signatures from the leads for Lord of the Rings, the new Star Trek Enterprise crew, Battlestar Galactica & The Avengers! If anyone has any address that can lead me to successes, it would be fantastic if you passed them on!!** :D
ThatArtGuy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ThatArtGuy »

With James Earl Jones you have to be very aware of his schedule and be really understanding and patient. He is a really great signer, you just have to contact him at the right time.
C1RQU1T
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by C1RQU1T »

I think trying him later on this year maybe next year would be the best option considering he is in the UK doing Theatre…. {up} :D
Favourite In-Person - Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, Seal, Joel Madden, Ricky Martin
Favourite Celebrity Moment - Met Nicki Minaj at Sydney Entertainment Centre she held my hand and said " F#ck the haters babe Just remember your haters are your motivators" <3
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

evenstar5 wrote:I mailed to James Earl Jones back in June and received a reply in July that he was too busy to sign, but they at least sent my photo back to me. Well, then I started seeing a bunch of people getting successes from his Pawling, NY address so I decided to try again. I send my 2nd request in August and just received the photo back....again.....with a note saying that he's too busy to sign.

He signs VV and does sign Star Wars. He signed a Darth Vader pic for me and a Driving Miss Daisy flyer for me via his Driving Miss Daisy show. Quick reply too. It was about 3 months ago. He's been touring Australia for a few months so he wont have been getting any fan mail and I don't think they want it to pile up. Rest assured he signs and signs generously
C1RQU1T
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by C1RQU1T »

He does sign and is very generous but i don't think it would be a good idea trying him now considering people are getting RTS/Failures even via venue i would wait till December/January when he has finished Touring