Stuart Fell success x3 (Doctor Who)

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Jason_Gosh
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Stuart Fell success x3 (Doctor Who)

Post by Jason_Gosh »

Hello everyone on 15th may 2013 I sent 3 trading cards to Stuart Fell using the address in the data base today 12th June 2013 I received them back signed with a note from Stuart explain that the address is no longer valid for him and not to send any more items there, and that he does not like to sign items any more due to scammers etc, however he did forward me his new contact address but as he did not say if I am allowed to share the address I can not at this time, though I am writing to him again soon with a letter of thanks and apologies so I will let you know the out come in due time so please can Moderators remove the current address please

Here are the cards I got anyway

Thank you Mr Fell
Hosting charity auctions on eBay Signed memorabilia mostly Doctor Who check out my Facebook page and please hit like & share https://www.facebook.com/goshnaspc?ref=hl
luckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Stuart Fell success x3 (Doctor Who)

Post by luckyas13canbe »

Great success!

Stuart is notorious for not liking to sign items, so that's a great success. He normally baulks at Star Wars items, so that's probably why you got away with that one ;) Out of interest, it's hard to see in the image, did the cards sign ok? I'm a long term fan of getting cards signed, but the new ones being Topps didn't seem to sign so well, they had a lot of blotting when I test ran them. Would be interested in your thoughts.

RM
Jason_Gosh
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jason_Gosh »

luckyas13canbe wrote:Great success!

Stuart is notorious for not liking to sign items, so that's a great success. He normally baulks at Star Wars items, so that's probably why you got away with that one ;) Out of interest, it's hard to see in the image, did the cards sign ok? I'm a long term fan of getting cards signed, but the new ones being Topps didn't seem to sign so well, they had a lot of blotting when I test ran them. Would be interested in your thoughts.

RM
Hi luckyas13canbe

I find the Doctor Who Alien Attax are rather good to have signed the Kraal and Sea Devil are fine and blot free the Alpha Centauri is a bit blotty but its a shiny card and I always find them a pain, I would think the quality of the signature also depends on the pen and material as most of my signed Alien Attax cards have been very good, how ever these cards are rather grainy to the touch on the card surrounding the character so unless they are signed on the character itself they tend to be a bit blotty .
I hope this helps.

Kind regards
J
Hosting charity auctions on eBay Signed memorabilia mostly Doctor Who check out my Facebook page and please hit like & share https://www.facebook.com/goshnaspc?ref=hl
luckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by luckyas13canbe »

Jason_Gosh wrote:

RM
Hi luckyas13canbe

I find the Doctor Who Alien Attax are rather good to have signed the Kraal and Sea Devil are fine and blot free the Alpha Centauri is a bit blotty but its a shiny card and I always find them a pain, I would think the quality of the signature also depends on the pen and material as most of my signed Alien Attax cards have been very good, how ever these cards are rather grainy to the touch on the card surrounding the character so unless they are signed on the character itself they tend to be a bit blotty .
I hope this helps.

Kind regards
J
Hey mate, thanks for the quick reply... yeah, I was worried about that as it's exactly as you say... the "body" of the character is fine for signing, but if they cross off into the background then it goes blotty. I normally buy 100 packs when they are released but I've not done it this year because of that. I really wish they'd stayed with Panini or Fabbri as they were so much better for signing. Glad to know that the ones you have have been okay though, I'll maybe pick some up in bulk for cheap online and see what I can get out of them. I've just packed up something like 500 DW cards to go out TTM, building towards the DW auction I'm holding this year, so will have to think it through :D

RM
Jason_Gosh
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jason_Gosh »

luckyas13canbe wrote:
Jason_Gosh wrote:

RM
Hi luckyas13canbe

I hope this helps.

Kind regards
J
Hey mate, thanks for the quick reply... yeah, I was worried about that as it's exactly as you say... the "body" of the character is fine for signing, but if they cross off into the background then it goes blotty. I normally buy 100 packs when they are released but I've not done it this year because of that. I really wish they'd stayed with Panini or Fabbri as they were so much better for signing. Glad to know that the ones you have have been okay though, I'll maybe pick some up in bulk for cheap online and see what I can get out of them. I've just packed up something like 500 DW cards to go out TTM, building towards the DW auction I'm holding this year, so will have to think it through :D

RM

Hi again you can grab a box of these cards on eBay for around £20 I am aware of you auction in November and am waiting as patiently as I can to see the goodies lol if you do go for these cards Bernard Cribbins and Sheila Hancock are really good though Bernard has very limited space to sign, Roger Lloyd pack due to his autograph being rather long may not be the best but as a collector it is always good, Richard Wilson is a very safe bet as he signs in black and on his card wears a white doctors jacket.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jason_Gosh :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Stuart Fell on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
luckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by luckyas13canbe »

Jason_Gosh wrote:

Hi again you can grab a box of these cards on eBay for around £20 I am aware of you auction in November and am waiting as patiently as I can to see the goodies lol if you do go for these cards Bernard Cribbins and Sheila Hancock are really good though Bernard has very limited space to sign, Roger Lloyd pack due to his autograph being rather long may not be the best but as a collector it is always good, Richard Wilson is a very safe bet as he signs in black and on his card wears a white doctors jacket.
Yeah, I might just give it a go at that price and hope for the best :D Thanks for the advice on which ones are pretty good :) Ha, yeah, sorry... the auction is planned for the 50th anniversary for maximum exposure, but it's going to be HUGE as I am sure you can guess. :D

RM
Jojo Champion
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jojo Champion »

I've never had any problems with him signing TTM. Though there are images of him without the mask etc on stories such as; Claws of Axos, Planet of the Spiders and Face of Evil.
Doctor Who collector
luckyas13canbe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by luckyas13canbe »

Jojo Champion wrote:I've never had any problems with him signing TTM. Though there are images of him without the mask etc on stories such as; Claws of Axos, Planet of the Spiders and Face of Evil.
As I said, it's SW stuff he isn't keen on, and 99% of his mail is related to that.