Private Address Category

Have any ideas to improve the forum? Post them here!
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Private Address Category

Post by ScottishDan »

supertoneman wrote:
ScottishDan wrote:Could not think of anything worse.. Although with the way this forum is heading I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.
What do you mean it couldn't be worse. it would actually make it easier on people to at least give their feedback. admin throws away or moves PA success' to another category. it would actually save admin time from having to move those success' to other categories. that and if you look at the way this forum is going i see more people begging for the address that others have worked for in feedback than trying to work for it themselves. i get close to just saying heck with posting my successes in the forum because of it. you might not think of the category being useful, but think of how many arguments would be saved because of it. unless you like chaos on a public forum, but if i wanted that i would just take and go watch something else worthwhile.
Ok..

If Admin allowed "private address successes" to be posted you'd get all the little idiots commenting begging for the address even more and then you'd get the other people commenting with the address because "it's not fair". There would be a lot more arguments not "less arguments". People are too childish on this forum to follow the rules and will throw strops because they can't get their own way. Also promoting a private address success without the address will only provoke people to go find the address and send to them simply because the celebrity signs, not because they're a genuine fan. Then genuine fans of that person will miss out as usual as the person will find it suspisious to suddenly receive all this mail via their home and stop signing. It's just a recipe for disaster.
supertoneman
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by supertoneman »

ScottishDan wrote:
supertoneman wrote:
ScottishDan wrote:Could not think of anything worse.. Although with the way this forum is heading I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.
What do you mean it couldn't be worse. it would actually make it easier on people to at least give their feedback. admin throws away or moves PA success' to another category. it would actually save admin time from having to move those success' to other categories. that and if you look at the way this forum is going i see more people begging for the address that others have worked for in feedback than trying to work for it themselves. i get close to just saying heck with posting my successes in the forum because of it. you might not think of the category being useful, but think of how many arguments would be saved because of it. unless you like chaos on a public forum, but if i wanted that i would just take and go watch something else worthwhile.
Ok..

If Admin allowed "private address successes" to be posted you'd get all the little idiots commenting begging for the address even more and then you'd get the other people commenting with the address because "it's not fair". There would be a lot more arguments not "less arguments". People are too childish on this forum to follow the rules and will throw strops because they can't get their own way. Also promoting a private address success without the address will only provoke people to go find the address and send to them simply because the celebrity signs, not because they're a genuine fan. Then genuine fans of that person will miss out as usual as the person will find it suspisious to suddenly receive all this mail via their home and stop signing. It's just a recipe for disaster.
as far as them trying to find the address. are they not able to try this already. those who are begging for the address already do that, but mainly cause of the fact that most of it ends up in feedback. if it is in the special column like that then it could actually be the person who got the success to choose whether to give the address. those people who are wining that "It's not fair" are probably just after the addresses without doing some work for them. i do agree that people are childish on this forum, and that is why i see what you are saying in a way, but the specific column would probably get hit as much as the VV column. it would be up to the person who posts whether they give out the address, or any information as to finding the address just like it is now. the little idiots already beg for almost any address as it is, and that is why most of them are sitting on this forum instead of going out to attempt to find information to find an address themselves, or to pay to get the addresses. i do like the feed back though that you guys are giving and it is something that admin could look at, and i posted this for that reason. :)
Stay frosty 8)
Twins and Star Wars fan since the 80's.
I am not selling any or trading any autos at this time,but i may trade extras for certain autographs.
Most Wanted: Any Star Wars Autographs, Baseball.
To see all the autographs that I have go to.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/supertpics/
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightninglives »

I think the majority has spoken...Bad idea and things are fine as they are... {up}
dylans dad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dylans dad »

If the address in database wont work this would show there is an address that does work. If its someone your willing to do the work to try then why is it such a bad idea? Its not like everyone on here wants that particular person.Maybe thats why so many in database dont work because everyone has it and the star is tired of getting tons every of requests every week. Just my opinion.
Lesmizlover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lesmizlover »

I want a new Private Category so that way people with great non database successes can still show it off and it won't be trashed which is unfair. Like my Victoria Justice
-lesmizlover
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Follow my Instagram for collecting: @the_autograph

Most Wanted: Les Miz Cast, Hunger Games Cast, Harry Potter Cast, Ellen Degeneres, Kathie Lee and Hoda, Taylor Swift, JK Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Katy Perry, Divergent Cast, Ariana Grande, John Green, TFIOS Cast

Successes: Chad Henne(IP),Selena Gomez(SFM),Amanda Seyfred, Isabelle Allen, Misty May-Treanor, Donald Trump, Daniel Radcliffe, JK Rowling (PP), Ariana Grande, Cameron Ocasio, Jennette McCurdy, Kelly Clarkson, Drake Bell, Victoria Justice, Eric Stonestreet, Ashley Wagner, Paul Wylie (IP), Gracie Gold, Harry Connick Jr., Selena Gomez, Janelle Arthur, Jason Dolley (VV), Bridget Mendler, Peyton List, Elle Fanning, Rupert Grint (PP and authentic VV), Christopher Paolini, Maree Cheatham, Sam and Cat Cast, Marie Lu, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Carl Hiaasen, Gayle Forman, Chloë Grace Moretz, Theo James, Veronica Roth x4, Alexander Ludwig, Willow Shields, and Sam Claffin
Amberlea2567
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Amberlea2567 »

isnt this hobby all about hard work? so what if someone gets a success, and its not in the database? doesnt that give us the buzz of looking and finding the address?, yes :razz: you dont have give out the address, you can just give a little guidance :)

there should be a private address section {up}
My Autographs- Eastenders, Rookie Blue cast signed photo,Holby city, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez x2, Vanessa Huygens,Ashley Tisdale, Rita Ora,Conor Maynard x2, Tulisa, Miranda Hart, Amanda seyfried,Drew seely, Kristen Stewart, Robert pattinson,Elizabeth Reaser, Taylor swift, Jennett MCcurdy and Ariana grand signed poster, Miley Cyrus, Bridget mendler, Frankie cocozza
Autographs recieved via PRVATE ADDRESS, Selena Gomez, Frankie cocozza
Lesmizlover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lesmizlover »

What do you think ADMIN
-lesmizlover
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Follow my Instagram for collecting: @the_autograph

Most Wanted: Les Miz Cast, Hunger Games Cast, Harry Potter Cast, Ellen Degeneres, Kathie Lee and Hoda, Taylor Swift, JK Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Katy Perry, Divergent Cast, Ariana Grande, John Green, TFIOS Cast

Successes: Chad Henne(IP),Selena Gomez(SFM),Amanda Seyfred, Isabelle Allen, Misty May-Treanor, Donald Trump, Daniel Radcliffe, JK Rowling (PP), Ariana Grande, Cameron Ocasio, Jennette McCurdy, Kelly Clarkson, Drake Bell, Victoria Justice, Eric Stonestreet, Ashley Wagner, Paul Wylie (IP), Gracie Gold, Harry Connick Jr., Selena Gomez, Janelle Arthur, Jason Dolley (VV), Bridget Mendler, Peyton List, Elle Fanning, Rupert Grint (PP and authentic VV), Christopher Paolini, Maree Cheatham, Sam and Cat Cast, Marie Lu, Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Carl Hiaasen, Gayle Forman, Chloë Grace Moretz, Theo James, Veronica Roth x4, Alexander Ludwig, Willow Shields, and Sam Claffin
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ScottishDan »

The fact that all members supporting this idea have only joined this site this year and all members against this idea have been on here for many years probably sums it up.
Amberlea2567
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Amberlea2567 »

ScottishDan wrote:The fact that all members supporting this idea have only joined this site this year and all members against this idea have been on here for many years probably sums it up.
actually, i had an account on here a few years back, due to taking a break from collecting and i have only recently joined again, due to forgetting my password and username.
just because were 'new' doesnt mean we cant have a say on how the website is run, and give our opinions :D
My Autographs- Eastenders, Rookie Blue cast signed photo,Holby city, Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez x2, Vanessa Huygens,Ashley Tisdale, Rita Ora,Conor Maynard x2, Tulisa, Miranda Hart, Amanda seyfried,Drew seely, Kristen Stewart, Robert pattinson,Elizabeth Reaser, Taylor swift, Jennett MCcurdy and Ariana grand signed poster, Miley Cyrus, Bridget mendler, Frankie cocozza
Autographs recieved via PRVATE ADDRESS, Selena Gomez, Frankie cocozza
dylans dad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dylans dad »

A lot a people agree with you but for some reason others think its just unthinkable.