Stephen Colbert Success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
DanielJames
$10 gift certificate winner

Stephen Colbert Success

Post by DanielJames »

Sent LOR, Photo, and SASE to the address in the database. Received a different photo back today signed. Dedication may be secretarial. Signature shines at the same angle as dedication under light, separate from photo. Examined under high light with my jeweler's loupe and both signature and dedication show consistent color of silver with background showing through. Think it's a pre-signed photo, but definitely legit.

Address Used:
Stephen Colbert
c/o The Colbert Report
513 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019

Sent: 2/16/2013
Received: 4/26/2013

2014 Successes: Michael Emerson, Kate Mulgrew, Tony Bennett, R.L. Stine, James Earl Jones, Cassandra Petersen "Elvira", Bob Newhart, Chuck Norris, Bernard Fox, Ardal O'Hanlon, Dick Cheney, Paul Dooley, Tony Shalhoub, Tom Baker, Cherry Jones, Dan Quayle, Jim Norton, Edward Herrmann.
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Stephen Colbert Success

Post by Jaffer »

Think the most likely outcome is autopen.
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi DanielJames :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Stephen Colbert on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
eddyk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by eddyk »

NightSnoop wrote:
Jaffer wrote:Think the most likely outcome is autopen.
i doubt it. it looks like actual ink
I mean to be that guy...

With an Auto-pen machine you place a real pen in a machine that then replicates a pre-programmed signature over and over again.

You can actually see the vibrations of the machine in his signature and the 'stay strong!' The dedication is secretarial and obviously written by hand compared to the rest of the text.

So just so everyone knows, don't bother sending to Stephen Colbert. You're not going to get an authentic back.
DanielJames

Post by DanielJames »

eddyk wrote:
NightSnoop wrote:
Jaffer wrote:Think the most likely outcome is autopen.
i doubt it. it looks like actual ink
I mean to be that guy...

With an Auto-pen machine you place a real pen in a machine that then replicates a pre-programmed signature over and over again.

You can actually see the vibrations of the machine in his signature and the 'stay strong!' The dedication is secretarial and obviously written by hand compared to the rest of the text.

So just so everyone knows, don't bother sending to Stephen Colbert. You're not going to get an authentic back.
Yeah, upon closer examination, I think it's an autopen. I'm a bit disappointed, but I guess it's the best I'm going to get from him at this point.
2014 Successes: Michael Emerson, Kate Mulgrew, Tony Bennett, R.L. Stine, James Earl Jones, Cassandra Petersen "Elvira", Bob Newhart, Chuck Norris, Bernard Fox, Ardal O'Hanlon, Dick Cheney, Paul Dooley, Tony Shalhoub, Tom Baker, Cherry Jones, Dan Quayle, Jim Norton, Edward Herrmann.