BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH - I'm dying.

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
ElfMaidenArcher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH - I'm dying.

Post by ElfMaidenArcher »

eg9517 wrote:Elfmaidenarcher: Sorry to upset you. Benedict doesn't act very well at all.
Plus he's not very nice.

http://www.celebitchy.com/246118/benedi ... stic_dumb/
Yeah, it wasn't just me that was offended, but basically all the fans of Benedict Cumberbatch who are the most likely ones to be reading this topic. You don't think that we know about the link? We've seen it so many times from so many different sources. I mean, I understand if you're a fan of Downton Abbey (he actually stated that he liked the first season, but not the second season as much-which a lot of people have also stated), but I don't think you get BRITISH humor/sarcasm (Heck, his own father is in "Downton Abbey" and so are many of his friends. I'm not a fan, and I don't like Parade's End even if I like Ben). It is full of irony and can be very biting, sometimes. British people like to speak their minds, and they even cringe at American's sappiness or us "being too nice/fake". I've seen it in Literature, and in a lot of people. It doesn't bother them, and if you get it yourself, it won't bother you. Tom Hiddleston is just one of those rare people that won't speak his mind negatively. And, mind, Benedict was ASKED his opinion about all of those things. He's not afraid of speaking the truth or what he thinks, which is kinda good. How'd you like if you were treated or looked at like he was? It's not like he openly offended someone close to him. Does it matter if he's like a critic and has a right to say what he likes and doesn't like? Even the media doesn't scare him.
Also, what I find ironic, is that nobody asked what you thought about the actor. You came here, blurted out what you thought which offended a lot of people, who are mostly here to congratulate the poor fan is probably wondering why there's an argument going on over Benedict. (You think Ben's not nice? Look at your own self. We're humans. Actors are not perfect. Not even Tom; he's said some nasty things in the past, but I won't go spreading it around.) Look! He actually had the time to answer fan mail while filming a very ambitious movie! And he still like most of his fans, although a lot are very creepy (tumblr, etc).
You should've said "In MY opinion, I don't think he's a great actor". Well, to tell you the facts, he is a great one especially in the minds of the majority of "heartless" critics or people who know the art of acting (people think it's so easy; it's not, from experience). Can you explain why he has received SO MANY countless awards and nominations. He's already been nominated for the MOST prestigious ones: Golden Globes, Primetime Emmys, BAFTA TV, etc. He's already in the predicaments for the ACADEMY AWARDS (Oscars)!!! (Dude, even Tom hasn't got any of those! I mean, he has a BAFTA Rising Star nom, but that doesn't count and his acting is quite not worthy, yet...) And, since you are not a fan, I doubt you've seen much of his stuff. Therefore don't judge. For anything relating to Tom, please read articles on their friendship and see videos as well. I'm a fan of both. I became a fan of Ben because of Tom and my love for "The Hobbit' and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
I HOPE this ends ASAP, and let's just get on with our lives, please. Thank you for reading, and I'm sorry if this was a bit long, but I had to do some defending. Let this NOT happen, again.

-ElfMaidenArcher
Authentic Autograph Successes TTM: Georgie Henley, Will Poulter, Sebastian Stan (VV), TOM HIDDLESTON (my favorite actor), Josh Dallas, Matthew Macfadyen, Graham McTavish (VV), Aidan Turner (2x: VV and agency), Ben Whishaw (VV), Stephen Hunter (VV), John Callen (VV), Adam Brown (VV), Dean O'Gorman (VV), Evangeline Lilly (VV), Jennifer Morrison (VV), Jed Brophy (VV), Mark Hadlow (VV), Ken Stott (VV) Richard Armitage (2x: VV and agency) & Lee Pace (VV) .
Other in-person/pre-signed autographs (events/signed books): Christopher Paolini, Howard Shore, Doug Adams, Rick Riordan, Thomas Keegan, Cody Nickell, Kate Eastwood Norris & Sarah Mollo-Christensen.

See my autograph collection here: http://pinterest.com/mialossen/my-autograph-collection/
anaresque
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by anaresque »

Well, such things do not make me upset :D Actually I had a very good laugh. Haters gonna hate. That's so cute.

One thing I'll never understand is why people who don't like him still spend their time posting things like that? I mean... sorry, but I guess you don't care him?

Or you think that your statement that 'he is a horrible actor and he doesn't look great' will make us change our opinion on him? BTW, just so you know, appearance is not so important. Charisma is. And if we are talking about an actor, his acting skills value as well - and they are great. For me, his other fans and many critics.
And we will still love him.

Tolerance is everything ?
eg9517
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by eg9517 »

OK guys, your point has been made..CLEARLY. Elfmaidenarcher, no need for the long explanation. I said previously, it was my opinion and I was wrong to voice it. There, ssue done. No need to continue a pointless issue.
I am done here.
eg9517

Post by eg9517 »

sonicsam wrote:
eg9517 wrote:Elfmaidenarcher: Sorry to upset you. Benedict doesn't act very well at all.
Plus he's not very nice.

http://www.celebitchy.com/246118/benedi ... stic_dumb/

That's because "Posh" is a very negative term in the UK. To him, it's annoying for people to call him that because they are pretty much calling him a rich spoiled kid. He rich sure, but there is so much more to him than just his money. Hence, he wishes people to insult him more creatively than just calling him "Posh".

I'm so sorry that you don't like his acting. Please watch "Third Star". It is an excellent film and I'm sure it will change your mind about him.
And look at how adorable he is when he does impressions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yebhPXh58cw

I might actually take you up on that one. I know my sister has the movie, she said it was great. So perhaps I shall borrow it and see about benedict's acting. I will let you guys know what I think....P.S. I won't make it negative! {up} :D
Alanna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Alanna »

wooooot Anaresque, I'm kind of dying too! so happy for you, this is ridiculously awesome.
:D
& ElfMaidenArcher, kudos for being a cool Cumberbabe. and finding the address! I didn't end up sending to this one (though now I'm so wishing I did). if you ever find another address for one of his upcoming projects, send me a PM or post it. I'd love to try to send him a letter too! :)
Been collecting TTM on and off for about 4 years. :)

Successes: Martin Freeman (x2 personalized), Sean Astin (personalized), Ben Barnes (Personalized), Alexandra Daddario (signed photo + letter), Christopher Paolini x2 (personalized photos, letters, and bookmark), William Moseley (personalized), Georgie Henley x2, Skandar Keynes x2, William Poulter (personalized), Jennifer Lawrence (sec x2), Andy Garcia (AP), Richard Armitage

if you by any chance have info about a VV address for Elijah Wood or Benedict Cumberbatch, please send me a PM. I would be so grateful :)
Baggiebubs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Baggiebubs »

Oh my god oh my god....... Some white stuff coming my friend. When I was playing with him. Then I went to the toliet and was brown stuff coming out of my bum:)
JenPotterhead
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JenPotterhead »

Okay, I realise a lot of points have been made, but I'd just like to add a bit of input to it.
It actually really offended me when you say that 'Benedict isn't very nice'
Thats absolute CRAP!
I've been very lucky in having the chance to meet him, and he is the most down to earth person I have ever met. He dedicated 10 minutes to talk to me, even though it was getting on for 10pm, he'd just done about 11 hours filming, and it was bloomin' cold outside AND he had his car waiting.
He's so appreciative of his fans, you just have no idea.
I've got the whole story on meeting him on my page https://www.facebook.com/JenBaberAutographCollection
He could have just signed my stuff and had no photo and gone. Or he could have said no to everything, but he didn't. He spent - what seemed like ages - with me, and was so caring and compassionate.
One little story where he may have been having a bad day is your full evidence that he's not very nice? Which could easily have been manipulated as it's the media?
Where as I have this personal story and ,any of my friends stories to back me up on how gentlemanly and lovely this guy is. He's an absolute hero to me, and although you're entitled to an opinion, I believe you're wrong here.
Favourite Success' : Matthew Lewis, Chris Rankin, J.K Rowling (authentic IP), J.K Rowling Handwritten Letter, Our Boys cast! and another Jo IP, Kenneth Branagh, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH IP <3
eg9517

Post by eg9517 »

JenPotterhead wrote:Okay, I realise a lot of points have been made, but I'd just like to add a bit of input to it.
It actually really offended me when you say that 'Benedict isn't very nice'
Thats absolute ****!
I've been very lucky in having the chance to meet him, and he is the most down to earth person I have ever met. He dedicated 10 minutes to talk to me, even though it was getting on for 10pm, he'd just done about 11 hours filming, and it was bloomin' cold outside AND he had his car waiting.
He's so appreciative of his fans, you just have no idea.
I've got the whole story on meeting him on my page https://www.facebook.com/JenBaberAutographCollection
He could have just signed my stuff and had no photo and gone. Or he could have said no to everything, but he didn't. He spent - what seemed like ages - with me, and was so caring and compassionate.
One little story where he may have been having a bad day is your full evidence that he's not very nice? Which could easily have been manipulated as it's the media?
Where as I have this personal story and ,any of my friends stories to back me up on how gentlemanly and lovely this guy is. He's an absolute hero to me, and although you're entitled to an opinion, I believe you're wrong here.

No. I have had experience with this guy and he wasn't very nice. He went over and signed like 3 things for the far end and left without acknowledging anyone else. He didn't even smile or anything. Then left in his limo.
JenPotterhead
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by JenPotterhead »

That doesn't make him not a nice person. He may have had something he needed to get to, or had something personal going on, or not feeling well. You just don't know. It's unusual of him to behave like that considering how much he does appreciate his fans. They need a life too, and if he didn't have time to see to everyone, well then, yes it's a shame, but at least he signed for those 3 people. He didn't even have to do that.
Favourite Success' : Matthew Lewis, Chris Rankin, J.K Rowling (authentic IP), J.K Rowling Handwritten Letter, Our Boys cast! and another Jo IP, Kenneth Branagh, BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH IP <3
eg9517

Post by eg9517 »

JenPotterhead wrote:That doesn't make him not a nice person. He may have had something he needed to get to, or had something personal going on, or not feeling well. You just don't know. It's unusual of him to behave like that considering how much he does appreciate his fans. They need a life too, and if he didn't have time to see to everyone, well then, yes it's a shame, but at least he signed for those 3 people. He didn't even have to do that.

Yeah I suppose. Who cares anyways. No use arguing over a celebrity. There are better and more important issues in the world to care about such as world poverty , starvation etc. etc.