Computer-typed Notes/Letters?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
MarinaLFN
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Computer-typed Notes/Letters?

Post by MarinaLFN »

I always sent handwritten letters..that way is somehow more nicer.. :)
I try to write as clearly as possible, and I write in capital letters.
But if it's easier for someone to type on computer, okay..probably most celebrities will not mind.
EmmaSheree
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by EmmaSheree »

I started off sending Typed letters and i got a few back but then i started hand writting and i swear my success rate has gone up by a lot
Homer_S

Post by Homer_S »

I´ve written my letters `til now on computer. Than i feel certain, the "Star" can read it! But now i will taste handwriting letters...
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

Handwritten letters are more personal. But @ the end of the day it's about personal opinion like someone above already said. And to the person who posted that typed letter with a little note on it, some stars sign written letters as well like George Lopez did for me. Just wanted to throw that out there. {up}

And IA. if your writting is terrible, include that in your LOR so they know. {up}
(that's what I would do.)
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
tyler_jrb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tyler_jrb »

its up to you i guess, i always type mine as my handwriting is really bad. but if im sending to someone i really really really like then ill write it up on the computer first and print it, i will then hand write the same letter and just add, i did them both just in case you couldn't read my handwriting very well, at least then it shows time and effort etc, and if they cant read your letter then they can read the computer typed one instead.
Tyler.jrb

Very new autograph collector

Recent successes:
Bernard cribbins (first ever autograph)!, Freema Agyeman!, David Tennant!!!( woo hoo!!!), Derren Brown!, Billie Piper!!!, Catherine tate, Katherine Jenkins!!!, Matt Lucas!!!

Waiting on:-
Email:
TTM:-
Prof Brian Cox, Christopher Eccleston, Matt Smith, John Simm and Simon Pegg, karen Gillan, Russell Howard, Nick Frost, Arthur Darvil, Noel Clarke, David Walliams, Jenna-Louise Coleman.
Tamoreit
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tamoreit »

I prefer hand writing the letters. I usually will type them up first on my computer so I can check the spelling is correct before I write the letter out. If someone's writing is poor, I can understand why they'd type the letter though. Nothing worse than the person you want an autograph from not being able to read what you've written to them!
jjjj
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jjjj »

Always hand write my letters. If someone sent me a typed letter I personally wouldn't send a reply.
Sairentu
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sairentu »

jjjj wrote:Always hand write my letters. If someone sent me a typed letter I personally wouldn't send a reply.
Oh, that's why I've never got a response from you :(
Favorite successes: Brian May IP, Marion Cotillard, Melanie Laurent, Emma Stone IP, Anna Friel, Lee Pace, Carey Mulligan, Amanda Seyfried, David Suchet, Anneke van Giersbergen IP, Katie Melua IP, Scarlett Johansson IP, Tom Hiddleston IP, Colin Farrell IP, Sean Bean IP
Latest successes: Abbie Cornish, Tatiana Maslany, Rob Brydon, Imogen Poots, Eva Green, Anton Lesser, David Bradley, Heidi Range, Kate Mara, Dakota Fanning, Elle Fanning, Emilia Clarke, Ciaran Hinds, Geoffrey Rush, Iain Glen, Stephen Dillane, Pedro Pascal, Conleth Hill, Tom Wlaschiha, Karine Vanasse, Hayley Atwell, Rosamund Pike, Katie Melua IP, Judi Dench, Charles Dance, Isaac Hempstead-Wright, Kerry Ellis IP, Brian May IP
kingstarsports

Post by kingstarsports »

EmmaSheree wrote:I started off sending Typed letters and i got a few back but then i started hand writting and i swear my success rate has gone up by a lot

I agree with you 100%!!! I personally do think it matters. I am not saying that you won't have success with typed letters, you may get a lot of successes with typed letters, but I really do believe that you will have a better success rate with handwritten letters. I have had success with a couple celebrities who usually gives everyone an autograph that writes to them, but they sent me a couple extra goodies or an extra autograph or something special that I haven't seen others get from them that have posted a success of that celebrity. I think it was my letter. It is so common for mass emails and mass letters to be sent to celebrities. I myself would prefer to type my letters. I type faster than I write. But I hand write all of my letters. It is more personal and more special. I agree that the words of the letter is what matters, not so much the format, but I believe your words will matter a whole lot more if you hand write the letter.
My collection is large and mainly focused on Sports

Just a Few of My Most Recent Successes: Jaromir Jagr (Hockey Player), Sidney Crosby (Hockey Player), Wade Boggs (Retired N.Y. Yankees), Greg Maddux (Retired Baseball Pitcher), Jimmy Key (Retired Baseball Pitcher), Chad Pennington (Retired Football QB), Niles Paul (Wash. Redskins WR), Andy Benes (Retired Baseball Player), Danny Tartabull (Retired N.Y. Yankee), Sterling Sharpe (Retired Green Bay Packers), Jeff George (Retired NFL), Derek Redmond (Olympic Runner)

Autographs Currently Waiting On: Geno Smith (N.Y. Jets), Marshall Faulk (Retired St. Louis Rams), Charles Mann (Retired Wash. Redskins), B.J. Surhoff (Retired Balt. Orioles), Kathryn Thornton (Astronaut)

Fanmail.biz ROCKS! Thanks so much to everyone who contributes to this database! Except for the "HATERS"!
Blackmyeyes254
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackmyeyes254 »

I always hand write them, too. Aside from the fact that it probably looks more personal to celebrities, it also just makes me feel good. There is something that feels cool about sitting down and hand writing a letter. I always want to find a pen pal after I do it. It is just a cool thing to do. So, I would do hand written even if celebrities had no preference, but I do think it helps your success rate as well.