HighSpots.Com

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Simon
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

HighSpots.Com

Post by Simon »

Over the past Month or so i placed 3 Orders with Highspots.com. I paid for the Items and the 1st Class International Postage Costs.
The 1st 2 Packages came OK.
But the 3rd one today i had to collect and pay a £12 Charge to Customs, i emailed HighSpots as i paid the Postage and they have told me this is my Fault and All Customers have to pay the Custom charges themselves and they are not responsible for this.

I do not understand this as i have been buying stuff from over seas (inc the USA) for over 20yrs and this has NEVER happened to me before.

I don't see why i have to pay Double postage, i feel HighSpots are at Fault here and wont Recognize this.

So if you buy from Highspots and u live outside the USA be warned that you will have to pay double Postage, 1 lot to HighSpots and 1 lot to Customs. Highspots don't tell you this on their website so be Careful.
(In 1995 my daughter who was 9 was diagnosed with Leukemia, she has been treated ever since by Great Ormand St Children's Hospital who have been fantastic to her and to us as a family - please can i ask that you click on http://www.gosh.org/gen/donate/ and Donate as much as you can to help them help sick children Thank You)

http://autographs2.weebly.com/index.html
MongoUK
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: HighSpots.Com

Post by MongoUK »

Customs is the buyers concern not the sellers.

It can be random, and maybe you've gotten away with it for far too long! Why not just order from somewhere domestically.

I once bought 2 jackets for $100 from the States, and got caught from UK customs to which I had to pay the same to release them, the luck of the draw really.

It's more difficult to get past customs if the company fills the customs sticker out properly. Just putting it as a gift would save the hassle, but I think it technically comes under customs fraud.
Tamoreit
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: HighSpots.Com

Post by Tamoreit »

MongoUK wrote:Customs is the buyers concern not the sellers.

It can be random, and maybe you've gotten away with it for far too long! Why not just order from somewhere domestically.

I once bought 2 jackets for $100 from the States, and got caught from UK customs to which I had to pay the same to release them, the luck of the draw really.

It's more difficult to get past customs if the company fills the customs sticker out properly. Just putting it as a gift would save the hassle, but I think it technically comes under customs fraud.

This is spot on. When you order internationally there's always the chance your local customs officials will charge VAT / taxes etc on what you buy. Buy from a local seller, or one from within the European Union and then you don't need to pay any additional taxes.