Non-Sport Trading Cards (Autograph and Costume/Prop Cards)

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Non-Sport Trading Cards (Autograph and Costume/Prop Cards)

Post by R.S.V.P »

I was wondering if there are any collectors of non-sport autograph and costume cards on here. Though I've been collecting autographs on 8x10" photos and record sleeves for 20 years I recently started collecting certain autograph and costume cards too a few months ago. I mainly keep it to Inkworks products, because I like their quality and the on-card autographs, but I'm not limited to them (Cryptozoic and Breygent have some great sets too).

So, if YOU read this and YOU are collecting non-sport autograph and costume cards as well, hit me up. Would be great to get in touch with more card collectors. :)
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

http://www.facebook.com/ViaVenueAutographs
nicknifty
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Non-Sport Trading Cards (Autograph and Costume/Prop Card

Post by nicknifty »

I like them, it's a good way to get autographs from some people and I like to collect the sets of my favorite TV series. The Inkworks cards are amazing, and the autographs are pretty cheap since the market was flooded with them when they went out of business. They were the best entertainment card company before they went under. I have a large collection of their Alias autographs and costumes.

I also got some signatures of people that way that are more famous now like Max Greenfield (Veronica Mars card) and Justin Theroux (Alias card)
TTM Successes: Eva Marie Saint, Vera Miles, Joan Fontaine, Tippi Hedren, Norman Lloyd, Rhonda Fleming, Doris Day, Adrienne Wilkinson, Taryn Manning, Amanda Seyfried, Nick Offerman, Casey Kasem, John Erwin, Mary Costa, Jodi Benson, Pat Carroll, E.G. Daily, Tara Strong, Tom Kane, Joan Rivers, Judi Dench, Deborah Ann Woll, Kristen Bauer, Regis Philbin, Phyllis Diller, Samantha Newark, Jeff Pidgeon, Charles Martinet, Stephen Tobolowsky, Bob Barker, Robert Guillaume, Whoopi Goldberg

Recent Requests: Lauren Bacall, Aubrey Plaza, Dakota Fanning
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

nicknifty wrote:I like them, it's a good way to get autographs from some people and I like to collect the sets of my favorite TV series. The Inkworks cards are amazing, and the autographs are pretty cheap since the market was flooded with them when they went out of business. They were the best entertainment card company before they went under. I have a large collection of their Alias autographs and costumes.

I also got some signatures of people that way that are more famous now like Max Greenfield (Veronica Mars card) and Justin Theroux (Alias card)
Seems we have something in common... ALIAS is the only show I try to complete at the moment. I'm only missing a few, well, the high value autos (Garner, Abrams, Cooper) and certain costume cards. As for the rest I just look around and if I see a card I like I pick it up on eBay and add it to my collection. PLUS if you're lucky you can get full signatures of then rising-stars who'll now only sign their initials (Gregory Smith in the 1998 "Small Soldiers" set is the best example).

It's a shame Inkworks went under 3 years ago, but IMO the change from on-card autos to sticker autos and some flops in releases (such as "The Spirit") were definately one of the reasons.

I'm really looking forward to the "Castle" release by Cryptozoic next month. This will be an awesome set!
"I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a B * * C H, okay." - Madonna

nicknifty
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nicknifty »

Rittenhouse has the best on-card autos now. I also collect there autos for Lost, Heroes and True Blood.
TTM Successes: Eva Marie Saint, Vera Miles, Joan Fontaine, Tippi Hedren, Norman Lloyd, Rhonda Fleming, Doris Day, Adrienne Wilkinson, Taryn Manning, Amanda Seyfried, Nick Offerman, Casey Kasem, John Erwin, Mary Costa, Jodi Benson, Pat Carroll, E.G. Daily, Tara Strong, Tom Kane, Joan Rivers, Judi Dench, Deborah Ann Woll, Kristen Bauer, Regis Philbin, Phyllis Diller, Samantha Newark, Jeff Pidgeon, Charles Martinet, Stephen Tobolowsky, Bob Barker, Robert Guillaume, Whoopi Goldberg

Recent Requests: Lauren Bacall, Aubrey Plaza, Dakota Fanning
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

nicknifty wrote:Rittenhouse has the best on-card autos now. I also collect there autos for Lost, Heroes and True Blood.
I only like Rittenhouse for their James Bond sets, but since I'm totally not into Lost, Heroes and True Blood I'm not getting any of those cards.

kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

I'm a fellow card collector.

Non Sport Update do a magazine dedicated to them and have a great website forum.

I find my interest in cards wanes from time to time but I always end up coming back for more {up}
NO LONGER ACTIVE
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

kimmylee wrote:I'm a fellow card collector.

Non Sport Update do a magazine dedicated to them and have a great website forum.

I find my interest in cards wanes from time to time but I always end up coming back for more {up}
I know, I'm a member of BCF, NSCF and NSU, but it's hard to find folks who collect the same fields. Most are into sketches, Walking Dead and Batman these days.

I haven't subscribed to NSU though because I find it tough to spend $60 without knowing if I'd like the mag at all. Are you subscribed to the mag?

sonicsam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sonicsam »

The only costume card I have is the rare LOTR Pippin's Gondorian Tunic card.
R.S.V.P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.S.V.P »

Well, kimmylee and nicknifty, if you want let's make this the official non-sport trading card thread on here or if you are also on BCF and NSCF we can connect there. :)

EmbraceTheMadness
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EmbraceTheMadness »

I collect non-sport trading cards {up} and I think they can be a good deal currently I collect autograph cards from the TV shows true blood and heroes! {up} :)
Check out my autographs on my website :D
http://xxvampirelov3rsautographsxx.webs.com
/

Check out my YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxVampireLov3rXx