Brad Hoffman(Frmr UNC hoops star) success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
dagoz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Brad Hoffman(Frmr UNC hoops star) success

Post by dagoz »

On 2/5/11, I sent a letter, card and SASE to Brad Hoffman, a guard who played for Carolina back in the 70's. My son and I were working on a project to have a series of collectors cards of Carolina players signed. Had given up on hearing from him. On 12/28/12, I received the card signed along with a handwritten note apologizing for the delay. Great guy and a great success. The address I used was 3205 34th Dr. NE, Hickory, NC 28601

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18 ... nbrad.jpg/
RELWOB
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Brad Hoffman(Frmr UNC hoops star) success

Post by RELWOB »

dagoz wrote:On 2/5/11, I sent a letter, card and SASE to Brad Hoffman, a guard who played for Carolina back in the 70's. My son and I were working on a project to have a series of collectors cards of Carolina players signed. Had given up on hearing from him. On 12/28/12, I received the card signed along with a handwritten note apologizing for the delay. Great guy and a great success. The address I used was 3205 34th Dr. NE, Hickory, NC 28601

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18 ... nbrad.jpg/
Looking forward to seeing your successes on this project. Seems like a really good one. {up} What other former UNC players have you sent to for this project?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi dagoz :)

Thank you for your feedback {up} Great Success :P

You have been added to the list for the $10 gift certificate.

Fanmail 8)
dagoz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dagoz »

RELWOB,

My other Carolina successes have been:
Bill Bunting
Pete Budko
Brad Daugherty
Hubert Davis
Walter Davis
Ged Doughton
Antawn Jamison
Donn Johnston
Bobby Jones
Mitch Kupchak
George Lynch
John O'Donnell
Dave Popson
Sam Perkins
Kenny Smith
Ranzino Smith
Scott Williams
James Worthy

I sent a card to Michael Jordan and get a letter back stating he doesn't sign because he has an agreement with a company to only sign specific memorabilia so it can be authenticated.

Here are some I have sent to and haven't gotten back. I probably won't get them back because it's been over a year:
Vince Carter
Phil Ford
Rick Fox
Steve Hale
Warren Martin
JR Reid
bounty37h
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bounty37h »

Very cool, I am also a UNC collector. Do you use the 80s coke and some other company cards to send, how bout the UD UNC set that came out a year or so ago? I have wrote a lot of UNC players over the last 2 years and have been amazed how many have sent notes along with sigs, always fun to get!
dagoz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dagoz »

bounty37h

I am using the Coke cards from back in the 80's or 90's. A friend gave them to me a while ago and I don't even remember when. If you have some addys or successes for the ones I am waiting on, could you PM them to me? One of my favorites is from "Big Game" James Worthy who sent a note that was about the time my high school beat his in the State Tournament. I have found the Carolina players have been much better signers than the former Duke players I have tried TTM. Thanks for your insights.
bounty37h
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bounty37h »

Dag, I PM'ed you but after looking at your list I only have one addy from the ones you have not recieved back from that i have had success with-will find it andsend to you.
I have had a lot of luck TTM with many older UNC players-not as much with current or more recent (still playing) overall.
dagoz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dagoz »

Bounty, got the PM. Thanks and look forward to getting the addy. Thanks for the help.