Jerry Lee Lewis - Fail/Success???

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
Simple Man
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Jerry Lee Lewis - Fail/Success???

Post by Simple Man »

Here is the second of my contaversial successes today. This one is super disapointing to me.

In my opinion not just a music legend, but a historical legend as one of the founders of rock 'n roll. I was super excited to get Jerry Lee Lewis back. First...the details:

Sent - LOR/SASE/1 Custom Card
Address - Database (Lewis Ranch)
Sent - Sep 14, 2011
Recieved - Sep 28, 11 (14 days)

My concern is that it looks like a stamp to me? Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I have looked at other ones online and it only looks like one that I found and it looks exactly like it. Also...the stamp is smudged and the writing in the personalization looks different and like it came from a different pen (different ink). Again...please let me know your opinions but I have to say that this is one of the biggest disapointments I have recieved yet. I am still a fan and glad I got something, and a quick response at that, but I just wish it was an authentic auto.

Thanks for looking and for your opinion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry...no pictures and before you get angry I just wanted to post the success so everyone out there can know that the address is working and legitimate.

Thanks for looking and sharing your successes
Jordann
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Jerry Lee Lewis - Fail/Success???

Post by Jordann »

He seems to have been signing everything authentically recently (looking at recent successes) but here's an example of someone elses.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127 ... eLewis.jpg

I sent mine out last month and I'm still waiting for it, we'll see what that looks like.
HappinessStan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by HappinessStan »

Comparing those two they look like the same stamp, but with this one slipping on the photo as it was applied, also the dedications don't look right.

A stamp makes sense to me - I have absolutely no evidence other than my gut feeling, but I simply can't imagine Jerry Lee Lewis of all people sitting down and signing autograph requests, it demands a step in credulity beyond which I'm prepared to travel.
Simple Man
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Simple Man »

Thanks for the opinions, I agree. I think it is a stamp. Some of the older successes look real but it looks lie recently he has began using a stamp. Please let me know Jordann what yours looks like when you get it...I am curious.
Sorry...no pictures and before you get angry I just wanted to post the success so everyone out there can know that the address is working and legitimate.

Thanks for looking and sharing your successes
Jamie79
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jamie79 »

This is a bummer! I got back my 6x8 picture from him signed, not stamped, but it got pretty mangled in the mail, and I was going to send a bigger and better packed photo. I might hold off and save my postage if he's just stamping everything now. {down}
parlamentetfanErik
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by parlamentetfanErik »

Jamie79 wrote:This is a bummer! I got back my 6x8 picture from him signed, not stamped, but it got pretty mangled in the mail, and I was going to send a bigger and better packed photo. I might hold off and save my postage if he's just stamping everything now. {down}
Send out your photo, I'm about 50% shoure that
He don't send out stamped, I Got My 2 photos back
Signed and both Of them where personlised and the autographs
Looked very different.
You can searc My feedback and you'll see that they look
Different
Favourites; Elton John, Willem Dafoe, Willie Nelson, Bryan Cranston VV, Daniel Radcliffe VV, John Goodman VV, Rod Stewart, William H. Macy, Chris Pratt VV, Michael Bolton, Kevin Spacey VV, John Travolta (autnentic - VV), Bill Nighy VV, Kevin Costner VV, Michael Madsen, Peter Dinklage VV, Taylor Schilling VV, Jake Gyllenhaal VV, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Max Von Sydow, Alice Cooper VV, Julianne Moore VV, Helen Mirren VV, Gene Wilder, Michael C. Hall, Hank Jr, Roger Moore, Daniel Craig VV, Reba, Hugo Weaving VV, Ann-Margret, Thomas Haden Church VV, Billy Zane VV, Alan Rickman VV, Weird Al, Russell Crowe, Jerry Seinfeld VV, Will Ferrell VV, Michelle Williams VV, Toby Keith, Ian McKellen, Kathleen Turner VV, Tom Berenger, Robert Duvall, Joe Cocker, Rupert Grint VV, Ed Harris VV, Vanessa Redgrave VV, Alec Baldwin VV, Kirk Douglas, Michael Caine, Henry Cavill, Jason Lee, John Williams,
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Simple Man :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

{star} Jerry Lee Lewis on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback(s) Received

Fanmail 8)
cagneyfan
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by cagneyfan »

I compared mine and I can now tell that it surely a stamp thanks to another member alerting me to the fact. But what about the inscription? I guess they are too because the handwriting is the same.

I got no lace on my undershirt!