Mumford and Sons Success!!!!!! With a handwritten letter!!!!

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
cirquedufreak95
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Mumford and Sons Success!!!!!! With a handwritten letter!!!!

Post by cirquedufreak95 »

Helloooo~

I saw this in my mailbox and didn't think too much of it until I opened the envelope and saw the top of the photo. I started crying even before I saw any of the signatures or even took the photo out of the envelope. I am such a huge fan of Mumford and Sons (they were one of my most wanted) and I had thought that I would never get this back! :D

I sent a LOR, SASE, and one photo on May 18, 2012 to:

Mumford and Sons
c/o St. David's Hall
The Hayes
Cardiff CF10 1AH
UK [uk] (No longer valid)

They were doing a show there and I was told that my letter would be handed directly to them. It has been such a long time, I just sort of assumed that I was never going to get it back. Maybe I missed them, right? I was actually thinking about this request earlier today, too. :D I think it just got lost in the mail- the envelope is a wreck.

Today, November 29, 2012, I received my photo back signed by all four members and behind my photo was a piece of folded paper. When I saw the paper in the envelope, I took it out, screamed, and threw it on the table. I was actually kind of afraid to open it for some reason-that's how excited I was for this response. The letter is dated June 14. They performed on May 30, so it may have taken them a bit to work their way through their fan mail. It reads:

Hi Desiree,

Thanks a lot for your letter.

It always means a lot to us to hear our music is valued as much by other people as it is by us! Thank you for your kind words.

We are back in London setting up the release of our second album in September but will be in the USA in August, so maybe see you at a gig.

Take care and much love,

Ted and the {I can't make out this word....I think it is supposed to say "boys" but I'm not sure...any help will be greatly appreciated!}

XXX

Thank you so much Mumford and Sons! (And especially you Ted, if you are reading this! Thanks for the letter!!!)

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cirquedufr ... hotostream
Envelope: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cirquedufr ... hotostream
Letter (full): http://www.flickr.com/photos/cirquedufr ... hotostream
Close up of the line with the word I can't make out (It's really just the first letter): http://www.flickr.com/photos/cirquedufr ... hotostream
Last 3 Successes: Andrew Lincoln, Nathaniel Parker, Dame Helen Mirren
Waiting for many requests!
IP Successes: Drake Bell, Matthew Lewis, John Heder, Brian Krause, Holly Marie Combs, Shannen Doherty, Rosario Dawson
Bri0626
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Mumford and Sons Success!!!!!! With a handwritten letter

Post by Bri0626 »

Awesome success! So great that you even got a letter too, that's so cool!

I think it says, "Ted and the boys," but the b looks like a d! :)

Last 5 Received: William Kircher, Saoirse Ronan, Ciarán Hinds, Lupita Nyong'o, Rhys Ifans.
Last 5 Sent: Jack O'Connell, Richard Madden, Lily James, Alfie Allen, Jesse Eisenberg.
Most Wanted: Matthew Gray Gubler/CM cast, LOTR/Hobbit cast: Lee Pace, Hugo Weaving, Evangeline Lilly, Viggo Mortensen, Billy Boyd, etc.
View my collection HERE!
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

Congrats! Absolutely amazing band
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
r2zlost
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by r2zlost »

I'll never wear your broken crown

Congrats! They are awesome!!! {up}

I got one back like a year to a year and a half ago...http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... umford+and
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ScottishDan »

Congrats! It's funny because I just sent to them VV haha! 8)
Judy89
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Judy89 »

Now that's an awesome success! Congrats {up}

Most Recent Success: Max Riemelt
Waiting for: Rachel McAdams x2, Elisha Cuthbert x2, Christina Ricci, Jackson Rathbone, Alex Max Band VV x3, Gavin DeGraw VV, Milo Ventimiglia VV, Chad Michael Murray, Simple Plan VV x2, Elyas M'Barek, Sarah Wayne Callies, John Stamos VV, Chace Crawford, Shane West, Emma Bunton, Coldplay VV x2, Lionel Richie VV x2, Mischa Barton VVx2, Taylor Swift VV, No Doubt VV x2, Mena Suvari, Ashley Benson, Ashley Greene
Most Wanted: Nicole Richie, Ashlee Simpson

AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION HERE @ my Tumblr
TWITTER: @Judy89
FANPAGES: Nicole Richie News + Mary-KateAndAshley89
cirquedufreak95
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cirquedufreak95 »

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I am absolutely thrilled with this success!
Last 3 Successes: Andrew Lincoln, Nathaniel Parker, Dame Helen Mirren
Waiting for many requests!
IP Successes: Drake Bell, Matthew Lewis, John Heder, Brian Krause, Holly Marie Combs, Shannen Doherty, Rosario Dawson