No house number, but everything else. Will it get there?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: No house number, but everything else. Will it get there?

Post by dancingirl1 »

dgangel wrote:I'm not saying that it makes them better than us, but it is an invasion of privacy, and some actors may not appreciate it.

So let's flip this around...let's just say that They mailed us FIRST for some reason: maybe to promote a movie or a book or something..is that an invasion of our privacy? And I already know what you're gonna say, 'NO because we aren't famous..' Mail is public. We aren't stalking them. They always have the right to toss any mail from fans. But if they "loved" their fans, they wouldn't do that. I always say this: 'FANMAIL IS A PART OF BEING FAMOUS.'
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
dgangel

Post by dgangel »

I highly doubt they would use their home address to do so, more than likely they would use a publicist's or agent's address. I'm done with this conversation though as it has turned into a personal attack when all I was doing was offering my opinion on the subject.
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

dgangel wrote:I highly doubt they would use their home address to do so, more than likely they would use a publicist's or agent's address. I'm done with this conversation though as it has turned into a personal attack when all I was doing was offering my opinion on the subject.
If they are gonna send something to promote it doesn't matter what address they use...Well you gave your personal opinion, so I am gonna give mine. So be done, but I'm gonna continue to say what I want. And it doesn't matter...MAIL IS MAIL. :mrgreen:
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters
jeff550
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jeff550 »

Some countries you dont need a house number, but if your sending to the USA you do
Feel free to pm me if you need a postage price for mail involving the USA, or if you need to buy US stamps(foreign cash accepted!)
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

jeff550 wrote:Some countries you dont need a house number, but if your sending to the USA you do
How would you write the address then without a number?
U have an example?
jeff550

Post by jeff550 »

dancingirl1 wrote:
jeff550 wrote:Some countries you dont need a house number, but if your sending to the USA you do
How would you write the address then without a number?
U have an example?
Your chances of getting an item delivered in the USA without a house number is slim, but if the play has an uncommon last name, you have a chance. Lots of addresses in the UK dont need a house number, like this one for Chelsea

Stamford Bridge
Fulham Road
London, SW6 1HS
UK
Feel free to pm me if you need a postage price for mail involving the USA, or if you need to buy US stamps(foreign cash accepted!)
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

jeff550 wrote:Stamford Bridge
Fulham Road
London, SW6 1HS
UK
So how do they know what house 2 send it to without a number because I have sent to the UK before and those addresses HAD a number with it...
jeff550

Post by jeff550 »

dancingirl1 wrote:
jeff550 wrote:Stamford Bridge
Fulham Road
London, SW6 1HS
UK
So how do they know what house 2 send it to without a number because I have sent to the UK before and those addresses HAD a number with it...
Stamford Bridge is the equivalent of the house number, and its on Fulham Road.
dfreely
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dfreely »

While some places in UK don't have a house number, they still have a full official address recognized by the post.

Like in the example you've given, "Stamford Bridge" wouldn't be a nickname or a shortcut, it's the actual address. It essentially takes the place of the house number. It's complete. There's no guessing involved.

The OP's case would be different, because he only has the street name, which would make it an incomplete address. The house number is a necessary part of the address, otherwise you're basically telling the post office to guess where this person lives.
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

jeff550 wrote: Stamford Bridge is the equivalent of the house number, and its on Fulham Road.
So if it's equivalent to a house number, in the uk ''Stamford Bridge'' IS the "house number" because without that it wont get sent to the house because it doesn't have the Stamford Bridge on it...lol. So that wasn't a good example....haha!

@dfreely YES, EXACTLY what I am talking about! :mrgreen: