Josh Hutcherson via Private Address *more photos added

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
bookeebear
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Josh Hutcherson via Private Address *more photos added

Post by bookeebear »

So I am not quite calling this a success, because I have no idea if it is real or not.
I wrote to a private address for Josh months ago. I sent 2 smaller photos (4x6) to be signed and they were returned unsigned with the photos below.

I received 2 of the same photo (1 signed- 1 not) and that second photo makes a third.
The envelope had additional postage on it and they also sent with cardboard to keep from bending, which I never use.

There was no note or anything. The envelope was postmarked with the date of August 15th. No idea why it took so long to get here. I guess because of postal closings and the hurricane that just hit my state...who knows...

It looks like Josh's autopen and is very similar in size and all that jazz. But I did measure both my Autopen from his management and the signature in question and there is definitely a difference in size. The one I got today is a little more than 1/4th inch smaller, almost 1/2 inch smaller in size than the AP I got from his management. There is also a larger space in between Live Life and his signature on the one I got today versus the AP one.

There is also some very minor smudging in the LIFE part of the auto. There isn't harsh dotting in it either. The ink changes color (my AP doesn't change color) and there isn't noticable indentation from the pen like my AP has.

I know the photos suck. I will try and get a better one. I need batteries for my camera and my cellphone camera blows.

So what do you think? Please do not be rude, and I will not give out the address, I simply just want opinions.

Last edited by bookeebear on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite autographs: One Direction <3, Paul Rudd (VV), Jake M Johnson (via private address), Katie Leclerc x2 (in person & ttm)
Most recent: Katie Leclerc - obtained in person!
Recently sent: Austin Butler, Bam Margera, Vanessa Marano, Lucas Grabeel, Kellan Lutz, Edie Falco, Scarlett Johannson (VV), Zach Galifianakis, Taylor Swift, Channing Tatum, Willie Roberston (for my husband) and Max Greenfield
mashka
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Josh Hutcherson via Private Address

Post by mashka »

I think it may be authentic since it has the color change and no harsh dots...but there may be a chance that it is AP. Though the fact that it is a different size makes me lean more towards authentic but then again AP caan change in size, postions, ect. But I would say it's authentic and the fact that is a private address that you got it from makes it more so... just IMO
Most Recent: Jodi Benson TTM, Veronica Roth IP Calgary Wordfest
[color=#8040FF]Recently Sent:

Soon to send: Tim Allen
Soon to see IP: Veronica Roth Tehereh Mafi
IP: need to update
Please check out my autograph collection: http://www.autographs.sinivir.com
Autograph count: 154
Collecting since: February 1 2011 :)
bookeebear
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Josh Hutcherson via Private Address

Post by bookeebear »

mashka wrote:I think it may be authentic since it has the color change and no harsh dots...but there may be a chance that it is AP. Though the fact that it is a different size makes me lean more towards authentic but then again AP caan change in size, postions, ect. But I would say it's authentic and the fact that is a private address that you got it from makes it more so... just IMO

Thanks for your reply! I hope it's authentic but I know there is a very real chance it is not.
Favorite autographs: One Direction <3, Paul Rudd (VV), Jake M Johnson (via private address), Katie Leclerc x2 (in person & ttm)
Recently sent: Austin Butler, Bam Margera, Vanessa Marano, Lucas Grabeel, Kellan Lutz, Edie Falco, Scarlett Johannson (VV), Zach Galifianakis, Taylor Swift, Channing Tatum, Willie Roberston (for my husband) and Max Greenfield
bookeebear
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Josh Hutcherson via Private Address *more photos added

Post by bookeebear »

Added more photos:)
quails23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by quails23 »

There are a couple things that are AP flags for me, so to speak. A) The fact that there was cardboard added. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Spanky Taylor always sends them out with pics. B) It sounds like the 2 photos you sent were returned and untouched. As you probably know, there are only certain stacks of pics for AP. The "Live Life" can be overlooked I guess, as some celebs do like to write slogans and such when they sign.

So my guess is that it's AP, unfortunately. I'd love it if he took time randomly to sign for a request or two, but it's a bit far-fetched. At least right now while he's busy with all the Hunger Games stuff. There might be better luck via Catching Fire, though Jen's minimal amount of VV signing seems like a lot in comparison to Josh's. Haha.

Cute photos though! :)
bookeebear
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bookeebear »

Understandable Quails. I have no idea what to think. When I got my AP before it didn't have cardboard so who knows. I dunno. I guess I will write it off as AP.
?Hannah24476
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ?Hannah24476 »

Hey, great success! I am new to this website but i know alot about autographs. can you somehow send me this address I am a loving J {??} sh Hutcherson fan and i need it! :shock: once again great success!!