Clint Eastwood Authentic???

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
J-Wonder4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Clint Eastwood Authentic???

Post by J-Wonder4 »

I am looking to get an authentic Clint Eastwood autograph, and I know he doesn't sign TTM. After looking at eBay, I found this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clint-Eastwood- ... _500wt_898

It is supposedly PSA DNA certified. I was part of one of the biggest fraudulent autograph schemes ever. I sunk over $1000 into collecting extremely well-forged autographs for this guy...so did a lot of people, and now he's in jail. Anyways, I haven't bought an autograph online since, so do you think this is authentic?

Thanks in advance,
John
TTM Successes:

Music:
Sting (The Police), Barry Gibb (Bee Gees), Dave Grohl (Nirvana and Foo Fighters), Dan Aykroyd (Blues Brothers), Krist Novoselic (Nirvana), Tommy Ramone (Ramones), Ray Manzarek (The Doors), Bon Jovi

Actors:
Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters), Adam West (Batman), Yvonne Craig (Batman), Ben Kingsley (Schindler's List / Gandhi)
cschultz-2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Clint Eastwood Authentic???

Post by cschultz-2 »

You're just not going to receive a definitive answer to your question, not on this board. There are people who post here on this board who flatly do not accept any proof less than an authentic, in-person, visual verification that the celebrity is autographing the item in question while the celebrity is signing it...and then would claim that as a means of defrauding and belittling the fan requesting the autograph, the celebrity went to far as to recruit a lookalike to endure plastic surgery to turn said lookalike into an identical twin, coached the twin in simulating as closely as possible the celebrity's handwriting, and then sent the doppelganger out on public to sign as many autographs as possible, simply to defraud and privately mock as many fans as possible.

Logic means nothing to such people, and I can't for the life of me figure out why in the world they post on this board. But such is life.

The Eastwood autograph looks authentic to me. Are you using autographed paraphenalia as an investment, or are you simply a fan? If you're an investor and the autograph-seller supplies a Certificate of Authenticity from a reputable dealer with the purchase of the autograph, that's good enough, isn't it?
J-Wonder4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by J-Wonder4 »

cschultz-2 wrote:You're just not going to receive a definitive answer to your question, not on this board. There are people who post here on this board who flatly do not accept any proof less than an authentic, in-person, visual verification that the celebrity is autographing the item in question while the celebrity is signing it...and then would claim that as a means of defrauding and belittling the fan requesting the autograph, the celebrity went to far as to recruit a lookalike to endure plastic surgery to turn said lookalike into an identical twin, coached the twin in simulating as closely as possible the celebrity's handwriting, and then sent the doppelganger out on public to sign as many autographs as possible, simply to defraud and privately mock as many fans as possible.

Logic means nothing to such people, and I can't for the life of me figure out why in the world they post on this board. But such is life.

The Eastwood autograph looks authentic to me. Are you using autographed paraphenalia as an investment, or are you simply a fan? If you're an investor and the autograph-seller supplies a Certificate of Authenticity from a reputable dealer with the purchase of the autograph, that's good enough, isn't it?
I am a fan who simply wants an authentic autograph from my favorite actor at a price that I can afford. Do you think that I should get it?

Thanks!
John
TTM Successes:

Music:
Sting (The Police), Barry Gibb (Bee Gees), Dave Grohl (Nirvana and Foo Fighters), Dan Aykroyd (Blues Brothers), Krist Novoselic (Nirvana), Tommy Ramone (Ramones), Ray Manzarek (The Doors), Bon Jovi

Actors:
Dan Aykroyd (Ghostbusters), Adam West (Batman), Yvonne Craig (Batman), Ben Kingsley (Schindler's List / Gandhi)
warlordforever04
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by warlordforever04 »

its no longer avaiable strange maybe it was a fake sell
cschultz-2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cschultz-2 »

Since the item is no longer available, my future advice to you is to look at the next potential seller's rating and how many transactions he's made through eBay. A high number of transactions and a high rating is a great indicator of the seller's reputation and dependability.

Then send a post through eBay to the seller asking about the authenticity of the document, and his own guarantee. If the seller's reply to your question is satisfactory to you, if the PNA DNA meets your specifications, by all means make the purchase. If after the purchase the autograph you find fault with the purchase, and the seller reneges on a reimbursement or return agreement, you can really screw up the seller's rating...and he knows that. For that reason, he's likely to want to keep you happy with your purchase. And for that same reason, my impulse would be to trust him.

But trusting him doesn't mean being a sucker. If he ends up screwing you over, do not hesitate to screw him back. Give him a bad rating, and then explain why. I hope it doesn't come to that--and having dealt extensively with eBay and PayPal I don't think I will--but keep in mind that you are covered should the transaction not work out to your expectation. Good luck!
Last edited by cschultz-2 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-Wonder4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by J-Wonder4 »

cschultz-2 wrote:Since the item is no longer available, my future advice to you is to look at the next potential seller's rating and how many transactions he's made through eBay. Then send a post through eBay to the seller asking about the authenticity of the document, and the guarantee. If the seller's reply to your question is satisfactory to you, if the PNA DNA meets your specifications, by all means make the purchase. If after the purchase the autograph you find fault with the purchase, you can really screw up the seller's rating...and he knows that. For that reason, he's likely to want to keep you happy. And for that same reason, my impulse would be to trust him.

But trusting him doesn't mean being a sucker. If he ends up screwing you over, do not hesitate to screw him back. I hope it doesn't come to that--and having dealt extensively with eBay and PayPal I don't think I will--but keep in mind that you are covered should the transaction not work out to your expectation. Good luck!
Thanks so much for that great advice! It's really weird that he took it down...I've been exchanging messages with him today, and he was really nice. He really convinced me that it was authentic, and he gave me a money-back guarantee if I were to bid. I'll send him another message. Thanks again!
TTM Successes:

Music:

Actors:
cschultz-2
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cschultz-2 »

I modified that advice, and included a little more detail, based on my eBay transactions. Thanks for the compliment, though. You're very welcome.
moonlight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by moonlight »

cschultz-2 wrote:You're just not going to receive a definitive answer to your question, not on this board. There are people who post here on this board who flatly do not accept any proof less than an authentic, in-person, visual verification that the celebrity is autographing the item in question while the celebrity is signing it...and then would claim that as a means of defrauding and belittling the fan requesting the autograph, the celebrity went to far as to recruit a lookalike to endure plastic surgery to turn said lookalike into an identical twin, coached the twin in simulating as closely as possible the celebrity's handwriting, and then sent the doppelganger out on public to sign as many autographs as possible, simply to defraud and privately mock as many fans as possible.

\
{up} Very Well said Schultz. I agree with every word you have said. If you post your successes here you are asking for it. Even if you convince people here they would say it was not the real star and it was someone who was a replica of the star after plastic surgery. very well said Schultz. A very frank and honest assessment by you. say it like it is and keep up the good work.
{up}
J-Wonder4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by J-Wonder4 »

moonlight wrote:

\
{up} Very Well said Schultz. I agree with every word you have said. If you post your successes here you are asking for it. Even if you convince people here they would say it was not the real star and it was someone who was a replica of the star after plastic surgery. very well said Schultz. A very frank and honest assessment by you. say it like it is and keep up the good work.
{up}
I agree 100%. Thanks for your insight!
TTM Successes:

Music:

Actors:
joe316
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by joe316 »

cschultz-2 wrote:Since the item is no longer available, my future advice to you is to look at the next potential seller's rating and how many transactions he's made through eBay. A high number of transactions and a high rating is a great indicator of the seller's reputation and dependability.
There have been sellers on Ebay that have received thousands of points of positive feedback on Ebay and the buyers just didn't know that they were selling outright fakes. The autographs weren't even the celebrities autographs.

So you have to trust your gut and not necessarily that everyone who purchased an autograph from a seller knew something about what that celebrity's autograph looks like.