Is it ever safe to buy autographs on eBay?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
SWfan27
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Is it ever safe to buy autographs on eBay?

Post by SWfan27 »

If the seller has a high feedback and the autograph looks right, is it safe to buy on ebay? Thanks!
Latest Success: Joanne Froggatt
Most Wanted Successes: EMMA WATSON, the rest of the Harry Potter Cast, Star Wars cast, OUAT cast, Pirates of the Caribbean cast, LOTR/The Hobbit cast, Downton Abbey cast, Ewan McGregor, Liv Tyler, Martin Freeman, Orlando Bloom, Penelope Cruz, Once Upon a Time Cast
Favorite Autographs: Ewan McGregor, Rupert Grint, Michael Gambon, Rachel McAdams, and so much more!
Check out my autograph website: http://lovetocollectautographs.blogspot.com/
twilightlover0607
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Is it ever safe to buy autographs on eBay?

Post by twilightlover0607 »

High Feedback has nothing to do with authenticity. I suggest you find a few seller that you trust. One of the sellers that I think is autographcollect. They are very easy to talk to and will lower their prices if you offer one to them. They don't have a lot for sale which I like. I don't trust peoplewho have more than 1,500 autographs up. Ask questions and if the seller can't answer them, then don't buy from them.
Jennie<3
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jennie<3 »

^i agree. Most of the autographs on eBay are fake. I suggest going to a autograph website. I think outlaw autographs is a good autograph site.
twilightlover0607
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by twilightlover0607 »

Jennie<3 wrote:^i agree. Most of the autographs on eBay are fake. I suggest going to a autograph website. I think outlaw autographs is a good autograph site.
Out law are very good! They have an ebay account too!
jasongr1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasongr1 »

Loads of pros and cons about buying from ebay. Try and stick to one rule and that is, if its true good to be true then it usually is. But saying that, just because its expensive doesn't make it real.

Looking into a autograph before you buy it. Check sites, forums to compare the autograph.

Are there certain areas that your after such as Star Wars, Harry Potter etc I'm sure you will find people on here that will help give the ok on such subjects. If its star wars drop me a PM, any other areas and I'm far from an expert but there are plenty on here that are.

jason
warlordforever04
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by warlordforever04 »

ebay sucks on autographs i got screw few times
coachk28
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by coachk28 »

NO! Never buy graphs on ebay!
Uncle Sam
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Uncle Sam »

I have purchased a few autos from Ebay in the past and have never had any problems. I always check beforehand and look for COAs or some form of proof such as photos or videos of the individual signing the item. {up}
Uncle Sam
cardinalfan9633
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cardinalfan9633 »

Tips on spotting fakes:
1) They have the same thumbnail image as other available autographs, that's usually an indication they just snagged an image off of google.
2) Extremely low prices, do you really think an autographed Ben Roelthlisberger ball would be going for 20 bucks? If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
3) People frequently try to sell autopen pictures, just use the google reverse image search to make sure the image is unique and doesn't match any signatures TOO close.
Lepore13
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Lepore13 »

Its a hit or miss anytime you buy an autograph. Always remember if the price sounds too good to be true....its a fake. Unless a person signs an autograph in front of you, you never know. I have been collecting autographs since 1992 and have bought some great items from ebay and other dealers. But Ive also got burned a few times. I bought a signed Greta Garbo photo for $1,700 and it turned out to be a fake and I wasnt able to get my money back. Just be smart and try to get feedback from people about good dealers. Good luck