President Barack Obama Personal Sucess!!!

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
kgcautographs
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: President Barack Obama Personal Sucess!!!

Post by kgcautographs »

joe316 wrote:Nobody on this forum ever seems to know anything about Presidential autographs. :roll:

A seated President never has and never will send someone an autograph. For security reasons they won't sign anything unless it has to do with their Presidential duties. Items signed by Presidents after they left office are likely real. But never anything signed by a seated President. Like the baseball someone claimed that Obama signed this is a secretarial signature.
You are exactly right!

Even some former US Presidents don't sign autographs TTM.

The baseball was real actually!
Last edited by kgcautographs on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autograph Collector since July 2007

Number of Successes: 65+

Currently Awaiting: None at the moment

Most Recent: Secretary of State John Kerry
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

kgcautographs wrote:
joe316 wrote:Nobody on this forum ever seems to know anything about Presidential autographs. :roll:

A seated President never has and never will send someone an autograph. For security reasons they won't sign anything unless it has to do with their Presidential duties. Items signed by Presidents after they left office are likely real. But never anything signed by a seated President. Like the baseball someone claimed that Obama signed this is a secretarial signature.
You are exactly right!

So this success isn't from an autograph request, or a baseball, but a reply to a letter about Obama's policies- that counts as "presidential duties" surely?

Do people not understand that world leaders themselves do answer a tiny percentage of the mail they get from the public?
NO LONGER ACTIVE
countpaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by countpaul »

Yeah I also remember a Pres. Reagan Interview when I was growing up that he read and answered a specific number of letters a week from the general public.
I Love to Collect....and right now I'm specializing in Star Wars autographs!!
sabrinaalexandra
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabrinaalexandra »

kimmylee wrote:
kgcautographs wrote:

You are exactly right!

So this success isn't from an autograph request, or a baseball, but a reply to a letter about Obama's policies- that counts as "presidential duties" surely?

Do people not understand that world leaders themselves do answer a tiny percentage of the mail they get from the public?
Exactly. Obama wasn't sitting in his office signing autos for every person who writes him and passing out thank you cards himself. I am sure the people in charge of his mail passes on letters they think he would like to see, wherein someone else probably reads it after the security deems it safe, and those handful of letters fall into his lap. It's an election year too, so he wants votes - of course he's going to be replying more. BUT I think it's OBVIOUSLY real and fantastic. What would a president be if he never replied to anyone's letters ever??? Useless, I think. It shows *or is trying to show, I'll let you decide since I am not pro-Obama or anything, disclaimer here* that he does or is trying to take pride in every issue large and small...
sabrinaalexandra
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sabrinaalexandra »

joe316 wrote:
sabrinaalexandra wrote:^ I believe you and I believe this success is authentic. And I believe it is because it is election year, and the letter must have been a strong one. Why would the oval office FAKE a response from Obama? That's just asking for trouble. They'd make a sec take care of it.
You people are so gullible. I really can understand why dancinggirl1 gets so **** off at you all. :lol:
Before calling people names you should take into account that you could be wrong yourself. So, therefore, you may just be making a fool out of yourself. I may not be strongly and formally educated (yet) and definitely not in a matter such as this but you'd do well to hold your tongue when you don't know any one person's background since this is a forum. Either way, let the OP enjoy their success and find something better to do rather than replying with an insult.

P.s. Here is a source from ABC News which indicates that Obama reads at least some of his letters personally, and also responds to some personally which apparently goes against some sort of policy they have. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... president/

Check the link, read the whole article and view the source.
Doc Holiday
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Doc Holiday »

Gullible is an understatement. This post was a scam.
http://www.paulfrasercollectibles.com/N ... /7919.page
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
MW1221
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MW1221 »

Doc Holiday wrote:Gullible is an understatement. This post was a scam.
Nice catch.
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

Doc Holiday wrote:Gullible is an understatement. This post was a scam.
:lol:
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

Yes, nice catch. {up}

However, it does prove it is a personally signed item ROFL!
NO LONGER ACTIVE
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by vivalakayla »

LMAO WOW!! The OP clearly has too much time on their hands get a life, dude.