Getting impatient.. anyone got any calming tips..

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Shiva
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Getting impatient.. anyone got any calming tips..

Post by Shiva »

I sent out quite a few requests February 9th and have not received any back except for 1 return to sender. It's been way over a month now and all my previous autographs I got in less then a month, the longest was probably a month. I looked up the people I sent them to on the IMDb to see if they were filming, one is and the other 3 I could remember at this moment are not.

As stated in my subject, any one got any calming tips?

Shiva
greendaygirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by greendaygirl »

Hey Shiva,
I have one calming tip for you. Be paitent. It takes awhile for some celebrities to write back. For example, I wrote to Arch Enemy(Rock Band) back in August of 2005. I finally got a reply from them in November of 2005.

Always,
greendaygirl {??}
BILLIE JOE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
Shiva
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shiva »

Patient is something I'm not good at. It just grates that some people have gotten theirs back fairly fast from the same people I've sent them too and here it is almost 2 months later and I haven't gotten a one. But, as I said I'm not a very patient person.

Shiva
courtney

Post by courtney »

Hey,
I sent Dakota Fanning a LONG letter in October, and Cameron Diaz in November and when everyone got theirs back, I got NOTHING! What I do to calm me down, and keep patient I just send MORE letters, or create a website that has requests pending, and pictures from the ones you got (in your case, you could scan a picture of your RTS)! I truly hope this helps!

Courtney :D
Thanks hangman!

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MORE INFO ABOUT MY CHARITY AUCTION TO SUPPORT THE CHANGE FOR THE CHILDREN FOUNDATION! AUCTION IS IN EARLY 2009.
http://www.myspace.com/courtneycharityautographs

REQUEST ME AS A FRIEND!
Shiva
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Shiva »

Yeah, right! Tried creating a website, didn't work. Me and computers don't work too well together half the time and I just could not figure out how to work the website I was trying to start. But t hanks for the suggestion.

Shiva
courtney

Post by courtney »

Shiva wrote:Yeah, right! Tried creating a website, didn't work. Me and computers don't work too well together half the time and I just could not figure out how to work the website I was trying to start. But t hanks for the suggestion.

Shiva
No problem! I'm so sorry I'm not much of a help!

Courtney :D
Thanks hangman!

KEEP CHECKING BACK FOR MORE INFO ABOUT MY CHARITY AUCTION TO SUPPORT THE CHANGE FOR THE CHILDREN FOUNDATION! AUCTION IS IN EARLY 2009.
http://www.myspace.com/courtneycharityautographs

REQUEST ME AS A FRIEND!
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Hi Shiva

I'm kind of in the same boat as you :(.

I've sent out a number of requests, yet haven't really seen anything back. My mail box is very lonely at the moment. My last success TTM was in late January. I have also sent out a number of SFM requests over a long period of time - I got 3 yesterday. However, my last success before that was on the 1st of February (another SFM success.)

That would make it that I didn't receive any fan mail of any sort for over 1 1/2 months.

I know how you feel. I feel the same way too. I guess the only thing about this hobby is to relax and be patient, as you'll never know when it's going to come back. I'm trying to do this, but at times it's a bit hard. I guess we all have to appreciate that some requests can be really quick (days or weeks), others can take months or even years!!

Before you know it, you'll get something back soon.

Good luck!

nowandagain [rockon]
starreyes

Post by starreyes »

I would have to agree with everybody else that has posted. No matter how hard it is to wait, it's pretty much the only thing you can do. Sending out more requests will definatley increase how often you get things back, but you will have to wait for those too. But that is kind of the fun thing about this hobby. You have to wait for what seems like forever to hear back, and sometimes you don't, but when you get something back it's all worth it.

I also haven't gotten anything for a long time, but I haven't been sending out much recently, so that might explain it. I might say though that 2 months isn't that long to have waited. I've sent out well over 100 requests in the past year, and have only gotten back around 30 autographs.

It's a rewarding hobby, but only if you're willing to wait. I would go with writting more letters so you will get more responses back, if I were you. And if you wanted to, you could even send to some of the same people to make sure they got your letter!
spannna
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spannna »

youve waited a month and are getting impatient? im still waiting on ones 8 and 9 months down the track!
celebrities (particuarly A-listers and sports/music stars) are extreamly busy,and are often time committed to more than 1 project.
its like when you are doing something you feel is important and your siblings are bugging you to do something for them when all you want to do is get your stuff done and enjoy your free time.
celebrities have set times that they allocate in thier busy scheduals to sign autographs and memorabillia.Celebs are just like regular ppl doing a job they love but are well known for and everyone wants a piece of them.
being imaptient doesnt help so i would suggest writting more letters or something that keeps you out of mischief.
A month is nothing compaired to some waiting periods.your lucky youve been so successful so far. :D {up}
Latest success: Susan Sarandon vv
Latest RTS: Christopher lloyd
In Person: michael dorman, abbie cornish, joel edgerton, sam worthington, sigrid thornton (pics to come when photobucket comes back online)
orangelazarus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by orangelazarus »

I would send out more requests while waiting. It always keeps me busy! Don't just send to movie sets, chances of getting anything back are slim anyway. Send to people you like to agencies that are "sure things" so you get some successes while waiting for the big successes.

But it's all very frustrating. I haven't gotten anything back in 7 weeks!