John Travolta-

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
shadesofgrey

John Travolta-

Post by shadesofgrey »

I realize that this topic has been beaten to death, but I thought I might try to start a mature intelligent discourse regarding the authenticity of Mr. Travolta's TTM's.

If all you have to contribute is "they are real and anyone says otherwise is a jerk, a meaney, etc." your opinion is noted. Please move on.

First, I would very much like to believe that his TTM's are authentic. He seems like a great guy and I want to believe that he would take the time to sign as he seems to appreciate his fans. His TTM's seem to match up with IP's very well. Mr. Travolta's stepmother has said on many occasions that John answers his fanmail and that she "helps" him do it. Someone is reading the letters sent to him as they often reference something from the letter in the autograph's inscription or in the type of photo used.

However, this isn't the 1980's anymore when John's star had cooled off. He is still a Hollywood A-Lister right now with many projects in the works. His average turnaround time for an autograph seems to be about 30 days whether the request is emailed or snail mailed to him. He sends out signed and inscribed photos and also manages to sign photos and other items sent to him.

I could maybe buy him presigning a large number of photos every month and having his stepmother or secretary read the letters and inscribe the photos. But, he is signing items sent to him in the same handwriting as the photos he sends. I cannot believe that he has the time to do it himself. He wouldn't have time. He can't be a busy working actor and read thousands of fan letters each month and sign thousands of photos.

As I said in the beginning, I really want my John photo to be real. Logically, though, I just can't see it being anything other than a secretarial. Sometimes I think illusion is better than despair!
Celticgirl78
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Celticgirl78 »

I know what you mean, since I just received a small post card sized auto from him that i requested via email, I also received an 8x10 back in my return envelope, and the sig looks the same, although, when i asked for it to be made out to me, BREE, it looks more like, BILL.

I am writing to him via venue, at HAIRSPRAY which is being filmed in Toronto which is close by where I live, so I will let you know.
TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by TheCollector »

I personally feel that John's autographs are probably genuine :)

I had a few successes from him last year for my charity auction, and each time I got a letter from June Travolta (his sister) who also deals with his fanmail.

I posted a copy of her letter (which was also handsigned) with my success here: http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic ... n+travolta

As you will see, her autograph is nothing like his. What I think probably happens is that he presigns a lot of photos all in one go, and June then "deals" with his fanmail in the respect that she writes out the envelopes and stuffs them.

The other thing which brings me to this conclusion are his comments on Oprah a year or so ago when he maintained he always personally signs his own autographs. This same fact was also put over in a recent interview/profile of him on the Biography Channel in the UK.

Of course we'll never know 100%, but his IP autos certainly seem to match the mailed out ones. I also think that he would be taking quite a chance if he maintains publicly that his autographs are genuine only to be found to be lying at some date in the future.

Just because he is very busy with a lot of movie roles at the moment does not really make a lot of difference, because anyone who has been on a movie set or in a tv studio will tell you that there is a LOT of waiting around between actual work :lol:

Just my opinion :P

Ian :mrgreen:
TheMailman
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TheMailman »

I personally think that June Travolta signs them. Her signature doesn't resemble 'his' but I can easily make new signatures that are nothing like mine. For many years, I feel she's been doing this {down}

There is a website I use where users post daily photos. And some users post photos of an actor/actress (it's usually actresses), of them on the set of a new movie. John Travolta was filming 'Hairspray' in Canada the same day a success was reported, postmarked from Santa Barbera :|

http://isitreal.com/index.php?option=co ... 7&Itemid=0 <<arrow$

I wished they were authentic though, he was awesome in 'Ladder 49' :(
whosurdaddy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by whosurdaddy »

When collectors send their own photos to his Calif. address and receive them back signed, postmarked from Calif. while during that time period Travolta is in Canada there is something definately wrong. Reminds me of Robin Williams. LOL. I could buy the presign arguement if the typical Travolta signed pic. was being sent and collectors where receiving their pics. back unsigned but that's not the case. Also I can't count the number of letters i have received over the years accompanying an autograph similar to what the collector received only to realize they were secretarials, autopens and heck I even received a pre print once. LOL. and I still can't see why some collectors are saying his TTM compares favorably to his IP. I see big time differences. Well there's my 2 cents.
dashiet
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dashiet »

I don't think his ttm autos are authentic. Big celebrity + fast turnaround = too good to be true. Plus, he can't be 2 places at the same time.
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

I dont think theyre genuine, I think theyre secretrial. Too much evidence points towards them being secs.

1) Ridiculously fast responses from a Hollywood A lister. He wouldnt have time to reply to that many letters that fast.

2) Differences between his TTM and IP autos. There are 2 major differences, and even if his IP was rushed, the difference wouldnt be that major

3) Successes postmaked from California when he isnt actually in California. Makes in impossible for him to have signed them.

I could probably add more, but those are the 3 main things that seal it for me, yes, its secretarial.

(Im aware I have his secretarial on my webiste, but as soon as I get him IP, I'll remove it. I know its sec, Im not kidding myself before someone points out Im being a hypocrite ;) )

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:08 am.