In Person

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
picture_blogger86
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

In Person

Post by picture_blogger86 »

Anyway, Wednesday April 17th Michael Wolfe from American Pickers will be at the Barnes and Nobles by me and I am hoping to get his autograph. Not sure how many people go to these things. It states that he will sign his book he wrote for kids but I'm wondering if he will sign anything else along with the book?

Have you ever been to an event at Barnes and Nobles or anywhere a famous celebrity such as Michael has talked?
Also Richard Belzer from Law and Order will be at the Barnes and Nobles either the 16th or the 26th.

HAve you gotten any in person autographs?
if so who?

I have one in person that my friend got me a few years ago from an American Idol singer with the last name "Cook" can't remember his first.
Recently Received: Paige O'Hara, Don Rickles, Phyllis Smith, Larry The Cable Guy, Sam Elliott, Katharine Ross :)
RTS: Nick Offerman :(
JRR121
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: In Person

Post by JRR121 »

At a book signing, probably the most famous person whose autograph I've gotten is Buzz Aldrin. His autobiography came out several years ago and I got a first edition copy signed. He brought a pretty big crowd so I didn't get to talk to him or anything, unfortunately. Long before that, at another book signing, I got Bruce Campbell to sign his autobiography. I got to talk with him a bit, though be brought out a rather unusual crowd...
Authentic successes TTM: Jay Leno, Bob Barker, Jim Tressel, Katee Sackhoff, Hugh Hefner, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Lucy Liu, Pawn Stars, Alex Trebek, Katy Perry, Steve Carell, Oscar Nunez, Lynda Carter, Jeff Foxworthy, Craig Ferguson, Jenna Fischer, Alan Jackson, Nancy Cartwright, Summer Glau, Edward James Olmos, Creed Bratton, Jewel Staite, the Mythbusters build team
canadagraphs1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: In Person

Post by canadagraphs1 »

If it says he is signing the book only, odds are high that is all they will allow him to sign there.

MOST book signings in the last several years have become quite vigilant about the "this author is signing his book only" type of promotion as their goal is to sell as many books as they can and letting them sign photos, cards or whatever else the person might be famous for isnt helping with that.

MOST book stores will have the check out stand as you leave. This gives you a potential out if the author doesnt sign what you want.
What I have found, if you arent interested in the book. Simply grab 1 off the shelf, theyll have tonnes of them for the promotion.
Go up with it, and while hes there signing, try to slip in your other item. If they do it, I usually buy the book out of obligation, if they dont, i'll just put it back on the shelf & someone will find themselves an already signed copy someday.

Obviously, be organized and quick as well when you ask. Usually they have 1-4 people telling you when you get to the table, book only. So you have to keep your item a secret till you feel your close enough to ask, then slip in the question quickly & kindly.

I dont know B&Ns policy, but they arent new to book signings. I expect they will be guarding his signing habits hard. I also dont know the person you are asking about. Perhaps he'll be nice enough to do it, perhaps he wouldnt do it even if you ran into him on a street. So I would go there expecting the worst & hoping for the best if your goal is to get something that isnt the book signed.

Good luck.